• 7(current)
Skin Based Full Media Flagging - a holdover until the real deal is done
how do i get aeon to show tags like XVID or h.264?

the .nfo files created by MIP don't have the codec info in the studio tag, for example

<studio>Warner Bros. Pictures / 480p / AC-3 / 2ch / </studio>
LaTropa64 Wrote:Just wondering, why use the studio tag? Why not use one that seems to never get used. I notice a <code> tag in my nfo's that is always blank.

I've not seen it in any of mine.
LaTropa64 Wrote:Just wondering, why use the studio tag? Why not use one that seems to never get used. I notice a <code> tag in my nfo's that is always blank.

had to pick a few in which the data could be pulled into the gui, as well as loaded from the .nfo file.. tried a few others, studio made sense in that the studio is parsed for studio images anyway so it's not a bunch of text showing up in the ui.

side benefit of that is you can go by studio, and choose 1080p, 720p, etc.. and see everything ya got that's high-def, or low qual.

Quote:.nimrod - codec
easy enough to add if it's useful
fekker Wrote:easy enough to add if it's useful

i'd really appreciate that Smile
Hitcher Wrote:I've not seen it in any of mine.

I exported most of mine from within XBMC itself so it must be a tag that it adds.
fekker Wrote:had to pick a few in which the data could be pulled into the gui, as well as loaded from the .nfo file.. tried a few others, studio made sense in that the studio is parsed for studio images anyway so it's not a bunch of text showing up in the ui.

While this may be true for Aeon, it doesn't apply to all other skins. PM3.HD and Project Mayhem III for instance will display the info from the studio tag in the gui (video info screen).
So it's not a perfect solution, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Maybe make a feature request to add a new entry, let's say <customflags>, to XBMC would be a better solution in the long run ?
ronie Wrote:While this may be true for Aeon, it doesn't apply to all other skins. PM3.HD and Project Mayhem III for instance will display the info from the studio tag in the gui (video info screen).
So it's not a perfect solution, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Maybe make a feature request to add a new entry, let's say <customflags>, to XBMC would be a better solution in the long run ?

that would work, but i think it would only be temporary as the hd flagging branch does all of this within xbmc, and uses the streamdata from the .nfo's for the tag data.

but that being said, it might come in handy for something at some point. Big Grin
quick question.. in order to display the bluray\dvd\hddvd logo flag, what option has to be set. Is it in the studio section in the nfo?
You need to adjust your filenames to be able to see those.

E.g. 300.bluray.mkv will show the BluRay logo.
Montellese Wrote:You need to adjust your filenames to be able to see those.

E.g. 300.bluray.mkv will show the BluRay logo.

ohh ok.. so is that the only flag that goes by filename.. everything else will be read internally by MIP ?
Yes
fekker Wrote:that would work, but i think it would only be temporary as the hd flagging branch does all of this within xbmc, and uses the streamdata from the .nfo's for the tag data.

but that being said, it might come in handy for something at some point. Big Grin

i was thinking the same. even after the hd flagging branch would get merged, there still needs to be a place to store the source of a video (dvd/bluray/etc..)
i'd rather put this info in the .nfo (using mip) than having to rename all my movies.

besides that, i would the nice to give the skinners a custom tag they can freely (ab)use. ;-)
ronie Wrote:i was thinking the same. even after the hd flagging branch would get merged, there still needs to be a place to store the source of a video (dvd/bluray/etc..)
i'd rather put this info in the .nfo (using mip) than having to rename all my movies.

besides that, i would the nice to give the skinners a custom tag they can freely (ab)use. ;-)

There isn't a way for any program to automatically find out the source by scanning the video like it can to get the resolution, audio format, etc. It would only be able to tell based on your file name and the filename is already stored in the database.
LaTropa64 Wrote:There isn't a way for any program to automatically find out the source by scanning the video like it can to get the resolution, audio format, etc. It would only be able to tell based on your file name and the filename is already stored in the database.

yep, i know. i meant i prefer to use some application (mip for instance) to manually add this info to one of the tags in the .nfo files.
i just don't like the idea of having to rename all my movies again. already did it once to make xbmc recognize all of the titles,
then mip came around and i had to make some more adjustments 'cause it didn't pick up all of the titles.
who knows, in a few months someone may come up with some other fancy feature, and i would have to rename all of my movies again.
ronie Wrote:yep, i know. i meant i prefer to use some application (mip for instance) to manually add this info to one of the tags in the .nfo files.
i just don't like the idea of having to rename all my movies again. already did it once to make xbmc recognize all of the titles,
then mip came around and i had to make some more adjustments 'cause it didn't pick up all of the titles.
who knows, in a few months someone may come up with some other fancy feature, and i would have to rename all of my movies again.

True and I know exactly what you mean. I started using media companion because I was sick of completely rescanning all my movies in XBMC and losing all my little custom edits of the title/plot/rating/etc. Once I finished everything up in media companion, I thought that was the end all and I would never have to worry about a scan again.... but along comes new features and out goes that theory. It's never-ending. Of course, I guess it could be if I would be happy with not having the new features. Big Grin
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Based Full Media Flagging - a holdover until the real deal is done0