[BUG] Resuming from standby causes XBMC to crash
pbu50w Wrote:I don't know how much detail you want and how familiar you are with eventghost. I have attached a screenshot of my config file which should hopefully point you in the right direction. I use a harmony remote which is emulating a mce remote.

Thanks for this but my problem is that i don't use any remote. So the idea was to use eventghost to intercept system events (such as going into standby and resuming from it) and not launching macro after pressing keys on remote.
Some guys in this thread suggested eventghost to do that and that's what I am trying to do. Unfortunately so far it seems to me that on eventghost everything begin from a remote.
You don't need a remote to use eventghost. Look at the very last macro on the screenshot.

That star is a system event, drag this over, and then add a system event to launch xbmc in full screen.

You can also add one when the system goes into standy to close xbmc.

To do this, just add a new macro, then go to standby, then come out of it. on the right hand side there will be a star action on standby, drag this to the macro you made... then under it add an event to close xbmc.

Then since you came out of standy you have the system event to resume and drag this to another macro with launch xbmc under it.
Is there a fix? I don't use Event Ghost to control XBMC.
I had this problem using the local build. However, after upgrading to the most recent svn (24195), via XBMC Updater, I don't have the problem anymore. It is a little slow upon return, but that could be my PC. Also, I'm using Win7 Ultimate x64 (RC1).
I also have this problem. Affecting both my Acer Revo's, running Win7x64. Sad

hades
Hi all,

I had similar issues with suspend, so I used EventGhost approach to solve them. I'm using Windows XP SP3 in Macbook 4,1 with BootCamp 3.0, and latest EventGhost (I'm using it to manage Sony PS3 BT remote).

If I shutdown XBMC, system goes standby with no issue, but when I wake up system (with clicking USB mouse) the screen goes black. I can hear XBMC shell, but no video. So with you help guys I configured EventGhost to close XBMC when resuming idle state, and open it again.

It worked...Well, sort of. Now I have video, I can use XBMC but PS3 remote doesn't work. It's really weird, if I watch EventGhost log, it "freezes" after resuming, but as soon as I close XBMC, all commands issued with PS3 remote are showed as a "burst" in EvenGhost log.

So, I always have to manually close and reopen XBMC after resuming from suspend state...

Any thoughts? I want the resume process as "transparent" as possible, with no manual open/close issues...

Thanks,

Ignacio.
Try and grab a debug log when it fails
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] Resuming from standby causes XBMC to crash0