help with setting content for video library
I can't seem to figure out how to set the content for all of my movies at once. I have been able to do this 1 movie at a time, but I am not sure how to configure mediastream update all my movies to my library at once or at least to queue them up so that I don't have to go to each file and set contact for each one.

I have read the wiki which says to go the file list in the video section and use the context menu to set the content, however after I do this it still only shows the files that I manually set the content for. I would like to just be able to set the contect for the entire folder and have it update each file for me but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Another question I have is, if for instance I used a 3rd party scraper (Media Companion) that is configured to work in unison with xbmc that creates nfo files with all the IMDB information, how do I get xbmc to recognize the files?

The wiki mentions the nfo files but I can't seem to find where in the wiki is explains how to configure xbmc to recognize them.
first set the content on your root movie directory. either tick 'run automatic scan' in the set content dialog, alternatively use 'scan for new content' from the context menu.

remember that the context menu is CONTEXTUAL, i.e. you apply the action you choose to the selected item.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Nfo

as you see under the relevant section, just sticking the nfo in there will make us use that instead of scraping.

e.g. for a movie:

file.avi
file.nfo
What is your file / folder structure like?
Where do you set contents?
What set contents options did you select?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=233507&postcount=1

You have to set contents correctly for XBMC to pick up the nfo files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So...

Clarification needed.

I have a media server in my office, and am building a small machine to put by my tv that will stream the videos from the server.

The way I understand it, you want the following files:

stupidmovie.avi
stupidmovie.nfo
stupidmovie-fanart.jpg
stupidmovie.tbn

(please correct me if I'm wrong or missing something)

Is it best for me to leave all of those on the server, or should I be moving everything but the .avi over to the machine by my tv? (making sure that the nfo has the proper path to where on the network the actual video file is, of course)

The machine by my TV:

Intel BOXDG45ID
1GB DDR2 ram (will be upgrading to 2GB soon)
2GHz dual core Celeron

And it will be running XBMC Live off of an 8GB USB memory stick.
All the files need to be kept together with the movie file.
And they can all be on the server
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you both.

So then one follow-up question and I think I'm all good:

Let's say I have each movie file in its own folder with the nfo and other files.

Once those movies have all been imported into xbmc (with or without aeon stark) and I switch to library mode, it should work exactly the same as it works now with no nfo files and all of my movies lumped into one directory?
yes
Thank you all for your assistance.

I am aware that you were likely thinking that I should have been able to find this information with a forum search. I would just like to assure that I did indeed try that first but could not find the clear answers you have given me.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with setting content for video library0