• 1(current)
[DOWNLOAD] Media Flag Updater

Before you scream "NO, Not another one!", hear me out.

I created this application for my own needs since no other program seems to do what I wanted. My scenario is this:

I use XBMC to scan/scrape all my movie info. I do this because it gives me the best results and I don't need no extra application.

When I'm done scanning and scraping I choose correct fanart and posters and use the excellent Export Library-function and save all my .nfo/fanart/posters to separate files. These files gets the same name as the videofile but not the folder name, just as I like it.

My directory tree now looks like this:

-> MOVIES-HD
--> An.Excellent.Movie.BluRay.1080p-GROUPNAME
---> groupname.anexcellent.movie.mkv
---> groupname.anexcellent.movie.nfo
---> groupname.anexcellent.movie.tbn
---> groupname.anexcellent.movie-fanart.jpg
---> groupname.anexcellent.movie.srt (if I have downloaded a subtitle)

My nifty little application does as follows:

1. Scan the MOVIES-HD folder for movie subfolders.
2. Scans every subfolder for files.
3. Uses MediaInfo.dll to get info from the video file:
VideoResolution: 1080p, 720p, 576p, 480p, sd, ..
AudioFormat: DTS, dolbydigital, mp3, ..
AudioChannels: mono, 2ch, 6ch, 7ch, ..
HasSubtitles: looks for .sub and .srt in the folder
4. It reads VideoSource from the folder name: bluray, hddvd, dvdrip, ..
5. Reads the .nfo file created by XBMC to find movie name.
6. By your choosing writes the info to <studio> tag in .nfo and renames all files.
7. Creates a .nfo with <title> & <studio> tag if none exists. (scrapes moviename from foldername)
8. Renames files depending on filemasks of your choosing.

My directory tree now looks like this:

-> MOVIES-HD
--> An.Excellent.Movie.BluRay.1080p-GROUPNAME
---> an.excellent.movie.1080p.bluray.6ch.dts.mkv
---> an.excellent.movie.1080p.bluray.6ch.dts.nfo
---> an.excellent.movie.1080p.bluray.6ch.dts.tbn
---> an.excellent.movie.1080p.bluray.6ch.dts-fanart.jpg
---> an.excellent.movie.1080p.bluray.6ch.dts.srt

All you have to do is run Update Library in XBMC and your media flags will shine bright in Aeon Stark!

You can choose to rename file or/and update nfo file. I offer both choices so that my application will support both Aeon Stark v0.9 and v0.91 (and future versions like Auriga)

Intended to use with the following folder structure:
(You can also choose to update single movie folders)

-> MOVIE CONTAINER FOLDER <- this is the one you choose in the program.
--> Movie 1 folder
--> Movie 2 folder
--> Movie 3 folder
--> ...

For 64-bit support please overwrite the MediaInfo.dll in the root folder with the one located in the x64 folder!

If you like what I have done, and would like to use it then download it here:
>> Media.Flag.Updater.v0.3.091.zip (2009-04-23 10:23 CET)
>> (Requires latest Microsoft.NET Framework download it here
It gets video source info from the video file?
Cool just what I need...the more the merrier Big Grin
djh_ Wrote:It gets video source info from the video file?

Sorry, I'm tired Smile

of course not. It reads video source from the folder name (since it's scene release standard to include it there)

EDIT: and the file name if it can't find it in the folder name.
Any special instructions? It crashes upon opening. Vista x86 SP1
Nice Job. I admire anyone who create a app for the public mass to use. Thanks for thinking about us.
too bad i rename all my folder names already ...
Crashes on XP and Windows 7.
Vista too.
You will need to install .NET Framework. probably 3.5 SP1.

Weird. Windows 7 should have it. Please post crash info! Smile
mindweaver Wrote:When I'm done scanning and scraping I choose correct fanart and posters and use the excellent Export Library-function and save all my .nfo/fanart/posters to separate files. These files gets the same name as the videofile but not the folder name, just as I like it.
Just curious, how do you do that exactly?

Cause, I'm thinking... Why should we need an extra application to manage our media? IMO, I should be able to use the comfort of my sofa and my remote, to do whatever I need in XBMC and I want to use XBMC's built-in scrappers but I'm afraid, sometimes, the scrapped data is not the best. For instance, the posters...
Sorry, I forgot to bundle a .dll file. Download again, it should be working now!
Nazgulled Wrote:Just curious, how do you do that exactly?

Cause, I'm thinking... Why should we need an extra application to manage our media? IMO, I should be able to use the comfort of my sofa and my remote, to do whatever I need in XBMC and I want to use XBMC's built-in scrappers but I'm afraid, sometimes, the scrapped data is not the best. For instance, the posters...

How I do it? I press Info (i on keyboard that I have mapped to an info button on my remote) That presents me with a panel with movie details. There are buttons called IMAGE and FANART, press those to choose another poster or fanart. I can get screenshots for you if you can't find them Smile
mindweaver Wrote:Sorry, I forgot to bundle a .dll file. Download again, it should be working now!

It loads now but crashed on the second folder when it encountered a moive.tbn file. It's just a generic "Media Flag Updater has stopped working" error. In event viewer it simply reports an i/o error with no specifics.

To make matters worse, in the first folder the files are all called "Dark City.mkv", "Dark City.jpg" etc and I ended up with them all called ".720p.bluray.dts.6ch.mkv", ".720p.bluray.dts.6ch.jpg"; It completely stripped and dropped the movie name itself...

-stoli-
stoli Wrote:It loads now but crashed on the second folder when it encountered a moive.tbn file. It's just a generic "Media Flag Updater has stopped working" error. In event viewer it simply reports an i/o error with no specifics.

To make matters worse, in the first folder the files are all called "Dark City.mkv", "Dark City.jpg" etc and I ended up with them all called ".720p.bluray.dts.6ch.mkv", ".720p.bluray.dts.6ch.jpg"; It completely stripped and dropped the movie name itself...

-stoli-

Do you have .nfo file with movie info exported from xbmc or created by MIP/MC in the movie directories? My application relies on these to determine movie name.

It should look like this:

[HTML]

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
<title>Lakeview Terrace</title>

..... other tags.

</movie>

[/HTML]
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DOWNLOAD] Media Flag Updater2