• 4(current)
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ)
Tension113 Wrote:If two different mods have edited the same files, then it's either one or the other.. I haven't seen the mod you're talking about, but if everyone were to put their mods on github, it would make things much easier.. Then you could pick and choose what you wanted from each mod with little work.. If you know how to use github, you could apply my mod to any existing mod you already have, and then continue to apply djh's updates to that..

and btw, I've updated the first post with a small backdrop pack.. I have a lot more that I'd like to edit a bit and add later on, but haven't gotten around to it yet..

Awesome, thanks a lot!
Hats off Tension113. Thanks for the backdrops.
my thumbnails look all jacked up. xbmc is trying to show several pages of the comic in one poster. What should I name my picture files for them to show up as the default poster?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
onesojourner Wrote:my thumbnails look all jacked up. xbmc is trying to show several pages of the comic in one poster. What should I name my picture files for them to show up as the default poster?

I made a ticket request awhile back that Spiff said he could do.. Which will display the first image in the archive as the thumb.. Still waiting on that though..

for now, I use filename.tbn's for it to work.. Somewhere in this thread I posted a Comicrack script that will make all the tbn's in one click.. That's the best we've got for now..
hmmmm, I have tried filename.tbn and folder.jpg and I am not getting any change. Is there any way to choose the thumbnail manually like you would for a movie or tv show?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
onesojourner Wrote:hmmmm, I have tried filename.tbn and folder.jpg and I am not getting any change. Is there any way to choose the thumbnail manually like you would for a movie or tv show?

Did you open the context menu and click "regenerate thumbnails?"
You need to extract the first image of the cbr archive or use a separate image as the thumb and then rename it.. That's why that script comes in handy.. It extracts the first image of all comics selected and then renames each image accordingly..

So what you want is

Watchmen1.cbr
Watchmen1.tbn
X-Men315.cbr
X-Men315.tbn

and then 'regenerate thumbs' in the context menu will fresh the thumbs for each folder..
I have just been extracting the images manually. I don't have a huge collection of comics. No I have not tried to regenerate the thumbnails. I guess some how I missed that option. I will give it a try here in a few hours. thanks for the help guys.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
The name of my thread seems to change every time I look at it.. Huh

Anyway, I updated the front page and it's a little bit less of a hackjob now.. I moved the menu for specifying the different sources into the advanced settings section and brought everything up to date with Djh's latest.. I was holding back for awhile, but I'm loving the new Mediaplex..
Was screwing around with this a little today..

This has nothing to do with comics, but I liked jsm00thie's Video mod, but still wanted to keep Aeons original multiplex view... Not really sure what I'm doing here, but all seems to work so far..

Added a "MOD" button to the top menu to switch between Original,Video, and Old, multiplex views..

If all works out, I'll add more.. Since there seems to be 500 multiplex mods out there...

It's currently in my 'test' branch if anyone's interested..

*edit*
If anyone tried this out, let me know if it worked for you..

It was working fine, until I copied it to a new folder with clean settings.. I think I fixed it, but I'm not sure..
Tension this might be an unrealistic request but I have to ask anyway.

At the moment my setup contains many different mods and I have finally got it all working after many many hours messing about. The last thing I want to do is break my current skin build but I really do wish to use this mod.

I could compare your mod files with my current ones but the problem is because mine are all different from different mods comparing them to yours would be a nightmare job.

Basically what I am asking is how possible would it be for you to post up a link with all files that are not part of teh standard Aeon for me to download and post changes that are needed in existing files. This would allow me to incorperate yoru mod without breaking my current system.

Thanks
If you use Github, you could pick which commits you do or don't want.. I tried to get the entire comic part of it all in one commit, so you could merge it and then manually fix any conflicts that arise..

Or you could look at my github history and see exactly what I did for each commit..
http://github.com/Tension113/aeon/commit...e3f262eaf2 has the comic changes..

What mods are you using? I'd like to add as many mods as I can, without disturbing the original skin.. I'd rather have a button to switch between them than to overwrite sections completely.. I just have to edit the mods a bit so I can get them all in there together.. I might put a few more in this weekend..
Tension113 Wrote:If you use Github, you could pick which commits you do or don't want.. I tried to get the entire comic part of it all in one commit, so you could merge it and then manually fix any conflicts that arise..

Or you could look at my github history and see exactly what I did for each commit..
http://github.com/Tension113/aeon/commit...e3f262eaf2 has the comic changes..

What mods are you using? I'd like to add as many mods as I can, without disturbing the original skin.. I'd rather have a button to switch between them than to overwrite sections completely.. I just have to edit the mods a bit so I can get them all in there together.. I might put a few more in this weekend..

- I start off with Hitchs full skin download.

- I then apply the mod which is inside hitches post for tv show posters.

- Next comes CF2009's mod for genre images etc.

- I now have to copy the files from stage 2 back on top.

- Next I manually edit the multiplex xml to have slightly less covers to make sure they fit inside the actual tablet image and not outside.

Ermm I think thats it at moment I cant help thinking I have left something out.
Haven't been around or messing with this lately, but I updated a few things.. See first page.. I'd like to add as many mods to this as I can.. It's hard to keep up with everything going on though..

I'll also update the comic backdrop pack soon too if anyone cares.. I have quite a bit more to add to it now..

It's good to see more and more people are putting their work up on Github.. That should make all of this a little easier for anyone who was having trouble combining mods.. Some of these mods I'm seeing are awesome..
Please post more comic fanart. The ones already posted are great.

Tension113 Wrote:Haven't been around or messing with this lately, but I updated a few things.. See first page.. I'd like to add as many mods to this as I can.. It's hard to keep up with everything going on though..

I'll also update the comic backdrop pack soon too if anyone cares.. I have quite a bit more to add to it now..

It's good to see more and more people are putting their work up on Github.. That should make all of this a little easier for anyone who was having trouble combining mods.. Some of these mods I'm seeing are awesome..
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ)1