• 26(current)
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!
Question 
Hey all

Is there anyplace where i can download the film icon in a package with james bond icon.. try to download the package from the tread " film and studio icon" but i cant find in there..

And also could anybody upload the org. divx logo.. i lost it some how

Thanks
Added Mediapro ("Vicky Cristina Barcelona") and League of Noble Peers ("Steal this film")

EDIT: and this time I have a request - the first one here Smile . Any volunteers to work on this nightmarish logo? I added their previous logo to FF's site, but it seems they do use the new one now...

The best I could do with it is this:
What do you say?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Kingmartinus Wrote:Hey all

Is there anyplace where i can download the film icon in a package with james bond icon.. try to download the package from the tread " film and studio icon" but i cant find in there..

And also could anybody upload the org. divx logo.. i lost it some how

Thanks
Here you go http://www.4shared.com/file/103124305/be...Flags.html
For the 007 logo to work just use the name James Bond as your film studio for all your bond films in the studio tag and it will then show the logo, have included over 200 film tags + have updated the includes_mediaflags.xml to show all in multiplex and showcase views + the divx and the mp3 flags work too you need to name your films as Alien-divx.avi and similar for the rest of the files that go with the film hope this is usefull to you
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
not bad, but it is clear that such a complex logo is not easy to reduce !
Hey Poul...

Great!!!! very very good for meBig Grin

i allready moded my xml file, but this was just perfect..

Ty ty very much

Martin
Halibutt Wrote:Having said that, if you believe your format works just as fine for Aeon - just let me know. I can shrink the logos to whatever size, it's all the same for me as long as they work. OTOH is consistency a question here? Should all logos be the same size?

I believe that my format is a better overall idea, not just for Aeon, but for Serenity and any other skins that may want to take advantage of these icons.

It's about the big picture. I played with Aeon last night, and if you add <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> to the includes_mediaflagsvars, none of the icons are stretched anymore. Yes, a few may need to be shrunk a bit, but 90% of them looked fine.

Quote:Sure, the larger the image, the better the quality. Yet, from my experience the larger the logo, the less legible it is in Aeon: too large logos tend to be displayed only partially, with the rest being left outside the screen. Perhaps it's just my settings though.

Aspect ratio...should fix this.

Quote:You mean those I uploaded to FF's site? Nope, I made Dreamworks based on the image posted by Scrolling, same for Blue Sky and Cetropolis. Not that it really mattered, does it. Smile
Cheers

No, I mean these:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=328...tcount=357

Imaginos Wrote:I wonder if it would not be smarter to use substring(listitem.genre,animation) instead of studio as I've noticed that sometimes the flag is not correct
for example, MIP created an nfo for Madagascar with "Dreamworks SKG /..."

This would work too. I'm pretty sure that the logic I used would work against your example tho...It displays the animation one when "dreamworks" and "animation" are in the string, and shows the reg. dreamworks one when "animation" is not found in the string. So if it came up as dreamworks SKG / Dreamworks Animation, it should still only display the dreamworks animation logo?

Halibutt Wrote:Added Mediapro ("Vicky Cristina Barcelona") and League of Noble Peers ("Steal this film")

EDIT: and this time I have a request - the first one here Smile . Any volunteers to work on this nightmarish logo? I added their previous logo to FF's site, but it seems they do use the new one now...

The best I could do with it is this:
What do you say?
Cheers

I know I uploaded this one once upon a time too. Let me see if I still have it.

There...as a sign of good faith. Wink

Look...I personally think that my format is a better overall choice. What djh has going does work fine for Aeon. I won't argue this point. But in the big picture, we should go for higher-quality logos across the board, and then shrink them to the appropriate size to work for w/e skin we want.

I personally know of another fellow who will most likely be using this set very soon, and I can imagine that he too would like to have some kind of consistency. And small(er) images with a lot of blank space just isn't very consistent...
Also reference http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50138
digitalhigh Wrote:Image

There...as a sign of good faith. Wink
Thanks, though it seems both of us succeeded - or both of us failed on that one. Smile Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, should we upload the new roundel, or stay with the clown logo? What do you say?

Quote:Look...I personally think that my format is a better overall choice. What djh has going does work fine for Aeon. I won't argue this point. But in the big picture, we should go for higher-quality logos across the board, and then shrink them to the appropriate size to work for w/e skin we want.

I personally know of another fellow who will most likely be using this set very soon, and I can imagine that he too would like to have some kind of consistency. And small(er) images with a lot of blank space just isn't very consistent...
I'm not going to argue, it's all the same for me. My English is getting worse with every year, so I perhaps didn't make myself clear enough. I'm not defending _djh's format, I'm merely explaining why I chose to use it.

As long as your format works for Aeon - it's fine for me. And I mean the out-of-the-box working package for morons like myself, who have very little skills at scripting and simply want to make the thing work. If you're willing and able to prepare an easy-to-use pack for Aeon to be downloaded and installed in a fire-and-forget way - great.

In any way, I guess the best thing is to wait and see what FernFerret comes up with. After all his page seems like the best way to make a single repository of media flags for any project, including perhaps even those not related to XBMC. MIP already supports our flags, perhaps other projects would follow. As far as I understand if FF's successful at his coding mumbo-jumbo, we end up with a single package of images (whatever their size) coming in two variants, differing mostly in the .xml file attached, right? If that works out, we could simply update the images to some other format, as any size would work as long as the .xml file is right. Right?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:MIP already supports our flags, perhaps other projects would follow. As far as I understand if FF's successful at his coding mumbo-jumbo, we end up with a single package of images (whatever their size) coming in two variants, differing mostly in the .xml file attached, right? If that works out, we could simply update the images to some other format, as any size would work as long as the .xml file is right. Right?
Cheers

This is really the point I'm driving at.

Basically, with a unified set of of images/standards for how these logos are going to be created, it would be quite simple for FF (or myself) to modify the code for any skin to utilize.

So simple, that it would literally require changing two lines of code. That's it.

I guess that the first step is to assemble ONE full pack with every single image in it, and make sure that they're all sized and scaled the same. The majority of these images are already pretty good, it's just that there are some that still render kinda small outside of Aeon.

If we can agree to that, then I'll go through and start redoing anything I see that's smaller if I have the time today. We should wait until we come up with a full set (and for FF to be around to discuss the topic), then upload everything and the changes can be made to the code in FF's script.

Cool?
digitalhigh Wrote:This would work too. I'm pretty sure that the logic I used would work against your example tho...It displays the animation one when "dreamworks" and "animation" are in the string, and shows the reg. dreamworks one when "animation" is not found in the string. So if it came up as dreamworks SKG / Dreamworks Animation, it should still only display the dreamworks animation logo?
Let's talk 'bout facts Smile
my madagascar.nfo (made by MIP) shows :
<studio>DreamWorks SKG / / AVC / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / fra / </studio>
and consequently, aeon dispays the dreamworks pictures flags, not the dreamworks animation one.

Anyway, I noticed it is the only dreamworks animation I've got in this case, all the others are correctly tagged... so I decided to change the tag in this particular nfo instead of changing the xml each time there will be an update Big Grin

But there still could be a discution about this...
and it may be used for others like disney and it's sub-studios...
we could make a condition where studio=disney and genre=animation...

but there could be a catch about different languages...
Imaginos Wrote:Let's talk 'bout facts Smile
my madagascar.nfo (made by MIP) shows :
<studio>DreamWorks SKG / / AVC / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / fra / </studio>
and consequently, aeon dispays the dreamworks pictures flags, not the dreamworks animation one.

Anyway, I noticed it is the only dreamworks animation I've got in this case, all the others are correctly tagged... so I decided to change the tag in this particular nfo instead of changing the xml each time there will be an update Big Grin

But there still could be a discution about this...
and it may be used for others like disney and it's sub-studios...
we could make a condition where studio=disney and genre=animation...

but there could be a catch about different languages...

I see what you're saying. Just make sure that you also have !genre=animation in the regular dreamworks tag, and all should be well.

For languages...that's tricky. The most obvious solution would be to just get a translation for all the different variations of the word "animation"...or only make it work when substring(System.Language,English), and use the opposite to automatically render the standard Dreamworks tag when the system language is not english. Wink
digitalhigh Wrote:I guess that the first step is to assemble ONE full pack with every single image in it, and make sure that they're all sized and scaled the same. The majority of these images are already pretty good, it's just that there are some that still render kinda small outside of Aeon.
Well, as far as I can tell the full pack is available at FF's site (I uploaded there all my logos and all those published here in this thread). So, unless someone forgot to post his work here, it's all there (except perhaps for some 10 or so alternative versions I have on my hd).

Quote:If we can agree to that, then I'll go through and start redoing anything I see that's smaller if I have the time today.
I'm cool with that. Frankly, for Aeon users there'll be no difference anyway, as long as the code is right. But it's not me to do the dirty work, so no problem Smile

BTW, FF's been kind of busy lately, wonder if he has some more time to spare. It would be a pity to drop this so close to completion.
Cheers
Not really a movie studio, but I would love to see a custom Criterion icon.
For those who don't know, Criterion is famous for it's fantastic digital transfers (and now aslo in Hi-Def) of classic, indie and cult movies.

But I think it would be better without the "Criterion" inside de "C". That's how it is on their famous covers.
Discaciate Wrote:Not really a movie studio, but I would love to see a custom Criterion icon.

Done (check FF's site here: http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/index.php)
Halibutt Wrote:Done (check FF's site here: http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/index.php)

Thx a lot.
High quality work as usual.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!4