• 6(current)
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!
Well it's just a little project that i've already started so I might as well finish it, i'll at least try to keep it updated.

The thing is that there are a LOT of obscure studios out there, and I guess there could be a zip of them all, but when does that get updated? When it does, I don't want to get them all again, especially sorting through the XML code for 200 or so studios when I picked up a copy just the other day, and found out I needed one more. Basically I'm just bored and thought it would be something cool to do.

Also: no reason the script woulden't have a "Download all" once i get the zipping working

Since I set this up using XML, i'm thinking i'm gonna just have mine auto download images, that way I would never have to update, but that is a little while down the road...

--FF
could the "packed" zip your site would provide also contain code that you just could cut and paste into the media flags xml ?? cause if it did that would be kewl Smile
I was thinking that you would just upload YOUR .xml file, and it would modify it, and include a new one in the .zip. The issue with doing it your way (not really an issue as your way would be much easier Smile ) is that you would have to paste twice.

--FF
yeah .. twice .. but youdon't have to deal with uploading a file and then downloading it
Hmmm. The latest .xml file by Stagecrew is somehow broken, my labels do not show up properly any more. Anyone spotted where the problem is?

Speaking of which: how does Aeon know which gfx to display? If the xml file is the key, then perhaps we should use the names that are used by MIP - that is the names taken from the IMDB database. However, it also appears to be coping quite well with shortened names as well, while IMDB uses full names at all times (like Kamera Film Studio instead of just Kamera). Anyone?

Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Well the reason people use the short name, is that way if something scrapes wrong, it will still go through:

Example:
Pixar Finds:
Pixar
Pixar Studios
Pixar Whatever

The thing is if you use a Unique enough key, no problems will arise, plus some movie companies have 2 or more names, but all share a key phrase. This is at least my thinking behind it.

--FF
You are correct. substring looks for a key word that is most likely commonly involved in a naming structure.
If you could do Bad Robot, that would be great. Thanks for everything.

Halibutt Wrote:Hmmm. The latest .xml file by Stagecrew is somehow broken, my labels do not show up properly any more. Anyone spotted where the problem is?

Speaking of which: how does Aeon know which gfx to display? If the xml file is the key, then perhaps we should use the names that are used by MIP - that is the names taken from the IMDB database. However, it also appears to be coping quite well with shortened names as well, while IMDB uses full names at all times (like Kamera Film Studio instead of just Kamera). Anyone?

Cheers

See my post above on how to fix the xml.
As proctor has said, you need to paste it twice in the file (slightly different modifications), which is why I see it beneficial to be able to simply upload your xml file, and have the script insert both cases of all movies for you.

--FF

example:
Code:
<control type="image" id="81">
    <include>[b]Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars[/b]</include>
    <texture>flags/artisan.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(listitem.studio,Artisan)</visible>
</control>

and:
Code:
<control type="image" id="81">
    <include>[b]Furniture_PanelMediaFlagsVars[/b]</include>
    <texture>flags/artisan.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(listitem.studio,Artisan)</visible>
</control>

I've added a few more classics just for preview's sake:
http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags

EDIT: Here is your Bad Robot Icon AND XML: http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/#Bad_Robot
Nope, the problem was simpler. It seems I'm dumber than a bag of hammers. Instead of updating my file with the latest xml additions posted here, I replaced all the strings with the new ones. OMG. I'll post an update soon.

For the time being:

Saul Zaenz, THE independent producer (had to crop the logo a tad since it was too wide; it's not a proper logo anyway, it's merely the name of the company)
This is that! Productions
Productions et Editions Cinématographiques Français (better known as PECF or P.E.C.F; known for a number of French classics)
Rhombus Media (their old logo, I couldn't find the new one anywhere except for their page, and there it's in flash; Blindness for instance)...
Scott Free (yup, Scott is for Ridley Scott)
Black Dog (also Scott's firm)
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
New file pack is now available from the first post. It includes:
- all the new media posted since the last release
- corrected xml file (sorry guys)

Please report any bugs you find.
Cheers

P.S. Sandrew, the modern logo of a swedish company that used to produce a lot of classic movies
It's set to Private.
EDIT: I should have all the images from this thread now in the database, will be working on getting download all as zip. This way no new zip files need be created by hand.

Well it looks like the upload is finally working, Currently I am the only one that can add new ones, but if you would like to, just PM me and i'll get you access.

--FF
Halibutt Wrote:New file pack is now available from the first post. It includes:
- all the new media posted since the last release
- corrected xml file (sorry guys)

Please report any bugs you find.
Cheers

P.S. Sandrew, the modern logo of a swedish company that used to produce a lot of classic movies
Great work Halibutt many thanks
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!4