Can I "hide" a folder?
Question 
My iTunes library has a few folders that I don't want to see when I browse all of my music, for example, there is an "Album Art" folder that I dont want to see. Is there a way to hide folders?
Hotkey Wrote:My iTunes library has a few folders that I don't want to see when I browse all of my music, for example, there is an "Album Art" folder that I dont want to see. Is there a way to hide folders?

Any thoughts on this?
not that I know of, but you can use the music library and none of that stuff will show up.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:not that I know of, but you can use the music library and none of that stuff will show up.

OK I'll try that. It will probably take forever to scan in 6000 tunes ti library.

Can it do this because its using tags instead of file structures?
yes you can hide folders. see <excludefromlisting> (advancedsettings.xml)
I think their is an option to display hidden folder .. You can turn that off ..
Hotkey Wrote:OK I'll try that. It will probably take forever to scan in 6000 tunes ti library.

Can it do this because its using tags instead of file structures?

To scan my 15,000 or so mp3's that have imbedded cover art, takes about 15 minutes.

TC
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
spiff Wrote:yes you can hide folders. see <excludefromlisting> (advancedsettings.xml)

I read this but it seems to apply to Library process. I'm not using that yet. Do you think it should apply to simple file listing too?
CrashX Wrote:I think their is an option to display hidden folder .. You can turn that off ..

I want to hide a folder - not display it. Is that a possibility?
i know for a fact that the excludefromlisting applies to ... drum roll.. directory listings while excludefromscan applies to library scans
spiff Wrote:i know for a fact that the excludefromlisting applies to ... drum roll.. directory listings while excludefromscan applies to library scans

lol ok i'll try to work with it.
I have tried to hide a tv show using the advancedsettings.xml file, but it does not work how I wanted.

Here is my file...

Code:
~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/Tracey/advancedsettings.xml

Here is the code...

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <excludefromlisting>
      <regexp>American Horror Story</regexp>
    </excludefromlisting>
    <excludefromscan>
    </excludefromscan>
    <excludetvshowsfromscan>
    </excludetvshowsfromscan>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

...but that tv show still shows up on the TV SHOWS screen.

Can anyone help?
Thread moved to OS independent.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
debug_log (wiki) would be helpful.

Cheers!
As far as I understand "excludfromlisting" is related to the file view and not the library view:

Quote:<video>
<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>

The problem with the others might be, if they are already scanned into the library, they won't be removed with this settings. So you have to remove them manually and then try to re-add them to confirm they aren't scanned anymore.

There is also an "exclude path from scan"-option while you setup your source. See Nr. 6 and nr. 7 here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_sc...nt_options

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I "hide" a folder?0