• 5(current)
[MOD] Mod Pack (End Time, Weather Conditions Backdrops, Submenu, Movie Genre Posters)
CF2009 Wrote:one other thing i'm looking at doing is to integrate the sub menu in the shortcuts section in customize to let people to pick the links you have in the sub menu, which you be done in the next week or so...

You are doing a kick azz job with these mods. Nice work!

CF2009 Wrote:one other thing to note is the best thing about forum is the limitless space so starting a new thread for a mod update has no detrenental effect and to boot we get to keeps all the old information on that thread so we can see the history of a projectNerd

I like it when people create a new thread for each release... otherwise the threads gets mess and after a while, impossible to follow. The cleanest way is to start a new thread for each release with the first post stating what is in the release, marking new items & changed/fixed items
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Git is quite powerful, so there are several ways to do this, including managing your own fork.

But let's assume you have a local clone from the "official" djh Aeon Stark github repo. And that you want to track cf2009 fork to get his mods/changes/bugfixes.

First, you add cf2009's fork as a remote, to track it:
Code:
git remote add cf2009 git://github.com/cf2009/aeon.git

Then, you have 2 main options: Pull onto your master (from djh) or having a branch with cf2009 fork changes (this is advisable).

1st method:
Switch to your master branch (Just in case)
Code:
git checkout master
Pull from cf2009 fork to your djh repo local clone
Code:
git pull cf2009 master

2nd method:
Code:
git checkout master
Get changes from cf2009 fork:
Code:
git fetch cf2009
(Optional) Make an alias for your cf2009/master branch
Code:
git co -b cf2009 cf2009/master
Then, you can move between branches with
Code:
git co "branchname"
or list branches with
Code:
git branch
or merge with
Code:
git merge cf2009

In summary, you can have an unlimited number of branches (even your own ones, with your own changes), switch from one branch to another, git pull from any branch and track several forks/repos, merge them if you want, etc.

Excuse me if this sounds a bit complicated. Git is easy but powerful, so a bit of complexity is inevitable. You could try this gem http://github.com/defunkt/github-gem/tree/master which aims to simplify all of this a bit (you'll need to take a look into this: http://rubyonrails.org/download, if you want to know more about ruby gems, though)

If you want to learn git, there are several resources available:

I hope this helps
git remote add cf2009 git://github.com/cf2009/aeon.git

gives me an error

Not a git repository

any ideasHuh
Excuse me, I was away. If it complains about not being a git repository, you are not in a path versioned/tracked by git.

You have to do that in a path controlled by git. Aeon root directory, for example. Try "git status", for example, if it works, you are inside a git working copy.
How do you get the backdrop for the movie genres to work?

I have tried war-fanart.jpg, which does not work. It is supposed to pull the backdrop from the films listed in that particular genre?

The shot on the first post with "Sport" and the Rocky fanart led me to believe this was possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I was just wondering if it is possible to have fanart for each genre? Like, a fanart folder for each genre or something like that...The screenshot lead me to believe so?
after switching to this branch i can't back out from movies to get to the genre/director/actor/etc menu, where did it go?
xmltok Wrote:after switching to this branch i can't back out from movies to get to the genre/director/actor/etc menu, where did it go?

I'm not positive, but you might want to go into your Advanced Settings menu and disable the Submenu slide up/down animation. Then you should be able to press the down arrow (or binded key) and it will launch the submenu with the genre/director/etc. I think I had the same problem you were referring to.
oh no thats it, i didnt know i was supposed to press down to bring it up Smile
UPDATE SEE 1st POST

@ jtap06 & ethan_9219
see 1st post for the update to have fanart for genresWink
Quite impressive work. Thank you very much.
holy damn!!!!! amazing update, I will upgrade today, super job. Keep it up. Thank you very much for all your hard work.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
Works like a charm. Thank you so much.
Amazing work once again.
Will the genre fanart work for music as well?
"New Features - The Sub Menu Mod is now integrated in to the shortcuts section is customize to let you pick the links you have on your sub menus"

Is it just me or is this not working? :confused2:
I've looked in there and also in the advanced and see no way to modify the submenu links.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Mod Pack (End Time, Weather Conditions Backdrops, Submenu, Movie Genre Posters)1