Memory Corruption [SOLVED]
Sorry for the lack of detailed information here. This isn't a request for assistance, just a note in case anyone else runs in to problems.

I had been pulling my hair out over the last several days, with xbmc crashing and coring out seemingly randomly. It would dump a message out to the console indicated glibc had encountered a memory corruption condition, along with a stack trace.

I use a program called sabnzbd to download stuff of usenet. It automatically renames TV shows into their show name / season / episode. The tvdb scraper picks this up nicely. Sabnzbd, also puts failed downloads in the same directory structure (failed par2 / crc, etc..).

Something about one of these failed downloads was causing the scraper to blow up. Unfortunately, I didn't grab any more debugging information. Once I removed these failed downloads from my library path everything was stable again.
Please consider opening a trac ticket and a method of reproducing this behavior as it seems like a serious issue that an unknowing user might encounter and get very frustrated with.

http://trac.xbmc.org

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Memory Corruption [SOLVED]0