[Bug] Stuttering MP3 playback.
arnova Wrote:It's never auto-created, you must manually create it yourself...

really? I remember with far back versions this file was autocreated..
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

Smile
arnova Wrote:Again, open a seperate thread and maybe we can sort it out. And I checked: there really doesn't seem to be any reference to a topic you created and/or it being deleted. I can hardly image someone physically removed it....

Sorry for sounding a tad peeved in my last post But i have now Found the link to my bug report and you can see for yourself that someone has closed it saying it's in the wrong place?
I followed the links and instructions to the best of my ability on the home page of XBMC.org
Heres The link http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/8207#comment:

Ps i have just tried to reopen it but they are rejecting my trac tickets. so theres nothing i can do about it. looks like i am going to be forced to bin the xbox seeing as theres no decent
updates for me shame as i have three of them and the latest updates wont work on any of them.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
WTF. the guys over at trac won't accept your XBMC bugreports? PRICKS!

please, apply your brain before springing into action
spiff Wrote:WTF. the guys over at trac won't accept your XBMC bugreports? PRICKS!

please, apply your brain before springing into action
Like i said i followed the instuctions on this site ok and please don't accuse me of being thick
which instructions? the ones in my signature and if so which one?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
i didn't say you were thick, i said to APPLY your brain.

nowhere on xbmc.org does it say that you should submit bugreports over at the trac hq. feel free to try to prove me wrong
arnova Wrote:which instructions? the ones in my signature and if so which one?
Like i said i started on XBMC.org home page and followed the support links, if i did post in the wrong place then i do appologise but its not fault if the links are wrong and besides how on earth am i supposed to know that there are two different Trac' systems?

spiff Wrote:i didn't say you were thick, i said to APPLY your brain.

nowhere on xbmc.org does it say that you should submit bugreports over at the trac hq. feel free to try to prove me wrong
Theres no need to sound so clever and i have just tried the same lnks and got to the same page.
So i will just call it a day as you must consider my problems trivial but then again i am an xbox user so i should have expected poor treatment sorry to trouble youOo
two different trac systems? try tens of thousands (probably).

links leading to the same page twice? how surprising. i said to show me where those links are at. i just went to the support page on xbmc.org, it has exactly one link related to trac and that points to .. drum roll ... xbmc.org/trac

dragging you being xbox user into this is just silly.
If the link you followed was this: "The XBMC project has recently started using this Trac-based tracking-system for tracking all XBMC bugs, feature-requests, and source code patches."

then you are thick Wink
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
watzen Wrote:If the link you followed was this: "The XBMC project has recently started using this Trac-based tracking-system for tracking all XBMC bugs, feature-requests, and source code patches."

then you are thick Wink
No need for insults pleb
So which link was it? If it's that one, then IMO there's nothing to fix. If it's some other one that is a bit confusing, then please let us know so we can fix it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

There is a bug report on the system. But from the overall attitude i have recieved so far then it will go unnoticed.
Ps the link does work ok but just how it got me in the wrong location i can't say. it's the first and last time i will ask for help
here regarding XBMC for xbox
Just registered and wanted to post and say thanks! I thought the audio stuttering was from my smb share, I'm glad I checked and found this thread. The advancedsettings.xml setting fixed my issue. Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
All,

I have the same issue with XBMC MP3 playback jitter.

It started with T3CH XBMC 2009-04-04 SVN rev19213-9.04-ALPHA1 , which is generally is a great... no... dare I say it, a FANTASTIC release. Nod

Glad to see that there is a tentative solution.

I want to give my appreciation to everyone that keeps working so had to keep my 3 XBMC's on XBOX running.

For those who feel like I do, I will be happy to migrate from my XBOX platform when they come up with a better $40.00 media player!

720P looks great upconverted through my Onkyo reciever! Big Grin

Sure, sure... $800 reciever, $1500 TV, $200 remote control, $2700 for NAS... But that XBMC on XBOX keeps on rocking! Laugh

THANKS ARNOVA AND OTHER WHO MAKE THIS ALL POSSIBLE!
... and for those folks like me who wait for the usual monthly build to come from T3CH, the quick and easy fix is to:

1) Create/open a new .txt file.

2) Copy the followin into the .txt file:

<advancedsettings>
<cachemembufsize>1024</cachemembufsize>
</advancedsettings>

3) close your txt file, and rename it to Advancedsettings.xml

4) FTP over to your xbox using a program like FlashFXP. (You will have to know your IP Address.)

5) Copy Advancedsettings.xml to Dashboard/UserData/

6) Reboot.

Enjoy the music! Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Bug] Stuttering MP3 playback.0