.Net Class Event Client for XBMC's Event Server in progress.
Big Grin 
Just to give you all a heads up that I am currently writing a .Net Class Event Client for XBMC's Event Server. Im using the c++ classes as a loose template, but putting my own twist on the code to be more friendly in a .Net environment.

So far XBMC is showing me i've connected and showing device name, and now is a case of tidying code and implementing remaining functions.

EqUiNoX
Nice, damn nice! Fun to see eventclient support for C# as it's a great language Smile

You can also look at the Java wrapping for some ideas aswell, it's a good wrapping.

Also if you could, please keep it maximum C# 2.0. Maximum of 2.0 would make it work great in mono aswell and then it could, if you are willing to opensource it, be included in XBMC svn.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I am doing it as a 2.0 class and will be providing all source code, I assume zipping and adding to Trac will be best way to get it onto SVN. Im hoping to have it more or less finished by later tonight. If you would like a copy to help iron out any problems, PM me.
The .net wrapper is now 99% complete and fully working, the remaining 1% is some functions im not sure if exists/work as no examples using them.
eq2k Wrote:I am doing it as a 2.0 class and will be providing all source code, I assume zipping and adding to Trac will be best way to get it onto SVN. Im hoping to have it more or less finished by later tonight. If you would like a copy to help iron out any problems, PM me.

Yup that's the best way of getting it into SVN.

Please cc me when you have done the patch and I will surely look through it on mono for you.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I would be interested in evaluating this. I can see this being useful for exanding XBMControl.
Was this something that is still in the works or has it already been completed.

thanks!
fekker
it sits in svn
I can't find it in the svn,
where is it?

thanks, for your help
tools/EventClients/<somemoreyoushouldbeabletofigureout>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.Net Class Event Client for XBMC's Event Server in progress.0