Make Error 2
XBMC Rev. 19415 from SVN
Linux Distro: Ubuntu Minimal 8.10 (32 bit)
Hardware: ASUS P5N7A-VM to HDD install
Pastebin: f4180555a

I'm trying to build XBMC and I'm getting hung up when running the make command. It seems to be having some trouble with CD-ROM libraries but I haven't a clue where to start. I tried disabling the CD-ROM drive completely in the BIOS (probably foolish, but the drive is crap anyway) and I'm still generating the same error. I'm admittedly not very linux proficient, but I'm following the wiki minimal install guide and can't seem to get past this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Start with making sure libcdio is installed correctly:

sudo apt-get install libcdio-dev
phunqe Wrote:Start with making sure libcdio is installed correctly:

sudo apt-get install libcdio-dev

libcdio-dev is already the newest version.

Same thing with Hardy install. :/
confirm - has the same issue. Libcdio-dev is installed.
working on a fix the the svn build breakage, opps Smile
fixed in svn 19419
Smile - thanks. We should know better than to bother you guys with notifications of the broken builds - they ARE normally fixed very fast. Thanks again for a quick fix.
volenin Wrote:Smile - thanks. We should know better than to bother you guys with notifications of the broken builds - they ARE normally fixed very fast. Thanks again for a quick fix.

np, it was an oversight. I'm normally quite good at not breaking platform builds.

http://trac.xbmc.org/timeline is a good thing to check whenever there's a build problem. It's pretty easy to backtrack to the guilty party.
Thanks for the link - didn't know. Was looking for smth like that a while ago.
Thank you for getting that fixed so quickly. Everything is working great now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make Error 20