• 3(current)
[DOWNLOAD] Serenity (Beta) Skin
garyi Wrote:Well if we carry through my problem to the logical conclusion, I am using an Apple TV, where did a computer monitor come into this?

Is serenity designed to be used on a computer with the user sat in a computer chair watching a film at 50cm distance?

The distance requirements I posted had nothing to do with a PC monitor. DH just said that he did his development with a 21" monitor...Nobody is expected to sit 50cm from a PC monitor, but sitting 3 meters from a 22" monitor is stretching it if you expect to read small text. that's all I was saying. Even the guide on a TiVo or cable box would be very difficult to read in that situation.
digitalhigh Wrote:@smcnally75 - I am curious as to what you think of the skin considering your involved work in Stark. Wink
I haven't had a chance to try it yet but plan to check it out. It's a neat concept.
digitalhigh Wrote:Yeah, if you guys who had DNS problems could confirm that this is a fix, please let me know. At the rate I update stuff, it's kind of a hindrance to me to have to upload to iamkizer and then to mediafire every time I want to update the build. Would be much better if we just fixed the problem. Wink

Yes, I can get to the ipower domain. Thanks so much!
garyi Wrote:Well if we carry through my problem to the logical conclusion, I am using an Apple TV, where did a computer monitor come into this?

Is serenity designed to be used on a computer with the user sat in a computer chair watching a film at 50cm distance?

Its not how I enjoy films. I enjoy films on a lazy bank holiday monday morning in my bed watching a 22inch TV at the end of the bed.

Let me tell you at that distance Media Stream is fine, and so is PHD, Serenity is unusable and unreadable, not so much because of the fonts but because the fan art is behind the fonts and if the fan art is near the colour of the font you are stuffed, I would imagine this to be the case if you are sat 2 inches from the screen.

That being said I did not try the various options mentioned so I will check it out.

http://www.usaupload.net/d/m0ks2ojm3k7

This is a modified version of the video library window. Please add it to your serenity/720p folder, then go to the video library and tell me what the label says. It's set to display the screen mode you're running. I've added an extra background to the list mode that will be set to display when your screenmode is active, I just need to know what the exact mode is so I can check for it.

So add the xml file, go into video, and tell me what the label says. I'll then finish my fix and give you that file to try...hopefully it makes things easier to read. Wink
Thanks for that I will give it a go tomorrow when I am able to relax. Have to stick the little one to bed now.
Still having DNS problems. The ipower.com domain works for the page, but the download link redirects to iamkizer.net which is blocked. :-(
OK I have inserted the file and the screen says 1280 by 720 @ 60hz (full screen)

There is a back ground now which some text spills over on, but its a lot better so thanks for that.

One last thing, is there a way to switch off all the random changing pictures. As discussed I do have a small screen and just want black, thats why I like your theme, without all the pics it will be dead clean and simple.
One last thing in TVshows I cannot navigate very far, it opens with focus on settings although you would not know until you press down and the menu appears, but I cannot go left or right therefore cannot select title to get to the tv shows. All I can do is press menu to go back to the main menus.

Movies screen works ok.
garyi Wrote:OK I have inserted the file and the screen says 1280 by 720 @ 60hz (full screen)

There is a back ground now which some text spills over on, but its a lot better so thanks for that.

One last thing, is there a way to switch off all the random changing pictures. As discussed I do have a small screen and just want black, thats why I like your theme, without all the pics it will be dead clean and simple.

Okay, I'll set up the extra backdrop so that it only displays when the screen resolution < 720p or something like that. Might not be today, but I'll get to it.

You can't switch off the backdrops per se, but you could just take a black image, put it in a folder, then set the fanart path to point at that folder for the sections you want nothing to display on. It's not as easy as checking a box, but it should create the effect you want.

garyi Wrote:One last thing in TVshows I cannot navigate very far, it opens with focus on settings although you would not know until you press down and the menu appears, but I cannot go left or right therefore cannot select title to get to the tv shows. All I can do is press menu to go back to the main menus.

Movies screen works ok.

Not sure why it's starting with the focus on settings...it should start on genres. If you press down on settings and scroll past the end of the list, what happens? It should set the focus to the main container.
theophile Wrote:Still having DNS problems. The ipower.com domain works for the page, but the download link redirects to iamkizer.net which is blocked. :-(

Sent you a PM with the direct download until I can resolve this DNS mixup with OpenDNS
Okay, gang, I've updated the download with the newest version...

I've included the new Swedish and Greek translations, as well as fixed the duplicate entry for the string that Blittan pointed out.

Other notable changes are the inclusion of the extra bg for tv/movies lists for better visibility on SD screens, and an update to the MPAA flagging to make it more universal (i.e., allow the addition of other countries' rating images).

Sorry I haven't been more active lately...I'm back to work now, and have literally about an hour every night avail for me to do stuff I wanna do. Fun. So, hopefully, I'll have a chance this weekend to address anything else you find for me. Wink
You have uploaded a bad .rar. Unexpected end of archive
byakkun Wrote:You have uploaded a bad .rar. Unexpected end of archive

Wow dude...sorry about that. Connection must've dropped after I left this morning. I'm uploading again right now...I'll make sure this one works. Wink
Hi digitalhigh

Thx for the update..any word on the OSD in playback..its really missed Smile

thx

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:Hi digitalhigh

Thx for the update..any word on the OSD in playback..its really missed Smile

thx

Zeltak

It's the strangest thing...I distinctly recall sitting down and fixing it once...IDK wtf happened where it got broken again.

Regardless, I've fixed the missing buttons again, removed that damned ViewTongueoster label, and prettied up the fast forwarding and rewinding labels so that it looks good when seeking now. Tidied up animations between states, and added a time label so you can actually see what time you're seeking to.

It's a minor set of changes, but it def helps to add polish to the OSD. Sorry I spaced that out...still don't know how the changes failed to save.

Enjoy. The updated download should be available in about 5 minutes.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DOWNLOAD] Serenity (Beta) Skin0