[MOD] Modifications of PM3.HD skin XML files for (EEETop) Touchscreen Displays (Mod)
Can the "Modification for PM3.HD_07-06-09-alpha3.rar" update be copied into a fresh install of xbmc or so I need to have the previous version of the mod installed already and this just updates a few specific files?
fl0PPsy Wrote:Can the "Modification for PM3.HD_07-06-09-alpha3.rar" update be copied into a fresh install of xbmc or so I need to have the previous version of the mod installed already and this just updates a few specific files?

it's a "stand alone mod" working outof the box for xbmc 9.04
Not sure (not tested at all!) with update from SVN

Regards,
Hello

Is there any way to make this mod running on linux?

I have downloaded "Modification for PM3.HD_07-06-09-alpha3.rar". Im using XBMC 9.04.1 clean install on Ubuntu minimal. The only difference after copying over the modified files is 2 new buttons ("Reload skin" and "CUSTOM) in filemode for music and videos (not there in library mode). "Reload skin" seams to reload the same page and "CUSTOM" give a blank black page thet you have to press escape on a keybord to exit. Hovever in the download pack there are new icons for volume so i supose there are functions that just isnt working for me.

I fought that all skins would run on all versions av XBMC?! Any help to make it work would be apreciated!

Regards
SpiffBB Wrote:Hello

Is there any way to make this mod running on linux?

I have downloaded "Modification for PM3.HD_07-06-09-alpha3.rar". Im using XBMC 9.04.1 clean install on Ubuntu minimal. The only difference after copying over the modified files is 2 new buttons ("Reload skin" and "CUSTOM) in filemode for music and videos (not there in library mode). "Reload skin" seams to reload the same page and "CUSTOM" give a blank black page thet you have to press escape on a keybord to exit. Hovever in the download pack there are new icons for volume so i supose there are functions that just isnt working for me.

I fought that all skins would run on all versions av XBMC?! Any help to make it work would be apreciated!

Regards

I used it with Linux last week so I do not understand why it does not work for you. Please provide more information including screen resoolution, aspect ratio, etc...

I did not made the library mode...

You should see, when a media is running and you click on the screen. Please describe with pictures

Rgs,
Hello

Thanks for the respons!

Not home now so cant take photos.

I made a very light install using Ubuntu minimal and XBMC, see my guide:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56348

The resolution is set to screen native (1366x768).

I have looked at all screens and compared to PM3HD the differense is:
Video (not library mode) - a "Reload skin" button.
Music (not library mode) - a "Reload skin" and a "CUSTOM" button.

Both item is located at left side of the screen a bit under the Viev, Sort by and Library buttons. There is no way to navigate to the buttons - only possible to apply by pressing on the touchscreen.

Then pressing "Reload skin" the screen slides out (PM3Confused normal animation) and the same screen slides in again.
Then pressing "CUSTOM" the screen slides out and in slides a complete blank black screen. Touching the screen makes no difference, the only way to get back is by pressing escape.

Then playing a video and pressing the screen the complete screen gets a bit whiter color and then goes back to normal video playback.

I think beside this I checked every possible screen and cant find any other differences compared to normal PM3HD.

Have tried some other skins like Mediastream, Focus, Basics 101 and they all seams to work. Could there anyway be some dependencis that is missing? Thinking about GDM os something like that specialy for your skin?

Regards
Oscar

Thanks for the respons!

The resolution is set to screen native (1366x768).

I have looked at all screens and compared to PM3HD the differense is:
Music (not library mode) - a "Reload skin" and a "CUSTOM" button.

Both item is located at left side of the screen a bit under the Viev, Sort by and Library buttons. There is no way to navigate to the buttons - only possible to apply by pressing on the touchscreen.

Then pressing "Reload skin" the screen slides out (PM3Confused normal animation) and the same screen slides in again.
Then pressing "CUSTOM" the screen slides out and in slides a complete blank black screen. Touching the screen makes no difference, the only way to get back is by pressing escape.

Then playing a video and pressing the screen the complete screen gets a bit whiter color and then goes back to normal video playback.

I think beside this I checked every possible screen and cant find any other differences compared to normal PM3HD.

Have tried some other skins like Mediastream, Focus, Basics 101 and they all seams to work. Could there anyway be some dependencis that is missing? Thinking about GDM os something like that specialy for your skin?

Regards
Oscar

I'm having the same exact issues getting the reload skin and custom buttons.
anyo Wrote:I'm having the same exact issues getting the reload skin and custom buttons.

Thanks for the respons!

Thank you for the guide. I tried a minimal install but I was stuck at the startup ! I'll have a try in a few days when I'll be back at home.

SpiffBB Wrote:The resolution is set to screen native (1366x768).

SpiffBB Wrote:I have looked at all screens and compared to PM3HD the differense is:
Music (not library mode) - a "Reload skin" and a "CUSTOM" button.).

Ok,
I am talking about the alpha3 release and not the previous files.
The modified xml files (and also png files) should be applied OVER a fresh, non customized, PM3-HD skin.
I suggest you to make an copy of your "../xbmc/skin/PM3-HD" folder and rename it as "../xbmc/skin/PM3-HD_touchscreen"
Then unrar the modificated files over the renamed folder.

Du to some strange autorisations problem I had on Linux, I suggest you to check that files was really overwritten. Nod
0 - Connect a mouse the time needed to activate the touchscreen mode
1 - Close xbmc and restart it.
2 - Go to the skin selection and select "PM3-HD_touchscreen"
3 - Wait a few seconds until the skin is loaded.
4 - Go to home screen
5 - Settings -> System -> Left tab "Touchscreen" and activate
Then use the touchscreen Wink

Still talking about the alpha3 release and not the previous files.
Library mode was NOT modified at all, so do NOT espect to see anything No
"Picture" can NOT be modified (please see here) before some C(++) modifications
"Classic" Video mode was modified ONLY on the alpha3 release and should be ok
"Classic" Audio should be ok

SpiffBB Wrote:Both item is located at left side of the screen a bit under the Viev, Sort by and Library buttons. There is no way to navigate to the buttons - only possible to apply by pressing on the touchscreen.
Right, as it was a little boring I did not modified the skin to be remote-compatible (And it is still an alpha release !) So it is a must to connect the mouse to activate the touchscreen mode.

SpiffBB Wrote:Then pressing "Reload skin" the screen slides out (PM3Confused normal animation) and the same screen slides in again.
µIn fact because it was in developpement, I made some button to reload the screen but I did not removed those.

SpiffBB Wrote:I think beside this I checked every possible screen and cant find any other differences compared to normal PM3HD.
Did you checked Settings -> System -> Left tab "Touchscreen" and activate ?
SpiffBB Wrote:Have tried some other skins like Mediastream, Focus, Basics 101 and they all seams to work. Could there anyway be some dependencis that is missing?
Just the original PM3-HD skin should be needed Blush

SpiffBB Wrote:Thinking about GDM os something like that specialy for your skin?
GDM ?
I do not understand what GDM is... My experience on Linux was full of problems to "click" on the back buttons. It was like the touchscreen driver was not "able" to understand that I wanted to click on the buttons... BUT you should, at least, see the back buttons

Please let me know,

Rgs,
WOW! It works realy great, thanks a lot!

Im feeling a bit dump, the problem was that I hadent activated touchscreen mode....... So for everyone else - dont forget to go to "Settings" -> "System" -> Left tab "Touchscreen" and activate.

Is there any way to convince you or someone else to improve the skin? As said it works great but I think there are room for some smal improvements. My number 1, 2 and 3 wish would be to make it work in library mode - both for music and video.

Other foughts of improvent:
4. Fast forward in music - then playing a video you can skip to next/previous video and fast forward/rewind but in music there is just buttons for next/previous.
5. Behavior of "Back" button - then standing in a map with videos and pressing back you get to homescreen instead of getting to the parent folder. Maybe change name of "Back" to "Home" and insert a "Back" (to parent folder) in the uper menu.
6. Then playing a video and pressing OK on MCE remote you change aspect ratio of the video - maybe implementing a button for this.
7. Smart jump - a neat solution would be a bar there you can see how mutch is played of the video and a posibility to press and drag the bar to go to desired position in the video. Hovever as i understand it this is not possible in XBMC right now?! Another solution would be to implement onscren buttons for left, right, up and down arrow (default XBMC jump system) and/or onscren keyboard for numbers (there you press four numbers that gets to the position in the video (press 0123 to get to 01 houer and 23 minutes in the video).
8. Would be great with a workaround for the picture problem (go to pictures - open a picture -> no way to exit without a remote)

My rant about GDM was just a long fetched ide what could have been wrong with my installation. This is some graphic part of the normal Gnome desktop witch isnt installed on my minimal system (and neigher needed).

Anyway, for anyone with a touchscreen - try this skin and you will find that most of the times it works perfect!
SpiffBB Wrote:WOW! It works realy great, thanks a lot!

Im feeling a bit dump, the problem was that I hadent activated touchscreen mode....... So for everyone else - dont forget to go to "Settings" -> "System" -> Left tab "Touchscreen" and activate.
Big Grin

SpiffBB Wrote:Is there any way to convince you or someone else to improve the skin?
Honestly, modifying a skin has nothing to do with creating a new one. Modifying in not complicated : it's just time to spend on it. So I assume that many people could work on it.

What I wanted to do was to modify Jezz_X work in a way to give him a fully hiddable modificated skin to integrate into the official XBMC tree. This would have been the benefit to be officially integrated of course but also to get more attention from users and much more testing... But the modificated code needs so many time to be "cleaned" (and also some good skills) that I am not sure I could do it.
For sure I'll do the "picture" mode just when it will be possible. Also, one day... : internalisation will be done...

SpiffBB Wrote:As said it works great but I think there are room for some smal improvements. My number 1, 2 and 3 wish would be to make it work in library mode - both for music and video.
If I ever do it, do not espect it (from me) before a few months. I may have a try if I find some time to work on it.

SpiffBB Wrote:4. Fast forward in music - then playing a video you can skip to next/previous video and fast forward/rewind but in music there is just buttons for next/previous.
Could you do a print copy of your screen ? it works well on mine

SpiffBB Wrote:5. Behavior of "Back" button - then standing in a map with videos and pressing back you get to homescreen instead of getting to the parent folder. Maybe change name of "Back" to "Home" and insert a "Back" (to parent folder) in the uper menu.
You may saw that on one screen, the "back" button is already overlapsing some parts... Unfortunately, I can not add some other buttons without overlapsing some parts of the skin...

SpiffBB Wrote:6. Then playing a video and pressing OK on MCE remote you change aspect ratio of the video - maybe implementing a button for this.
IMHO, xbmc should be (and actually is!) able to show the video with correct aspect ratio.

SpiffBB Wrote:7. Smart jump - a neat solution would be a bar there you can see how mutch is played of the video and a posibility to press and drag the bar to go to desired position in the video. Hovever as i understand it this is not possible in XBMC right now?!
I like very much this beautifull solution that I did ot though previously. I think it would be a good idea to suggest because unfortunately, IMHO, impossible without C++ developpement...
SpiffBB Wrote:Another solution would be to implement onscren buttons for left, right, up and down arrow (default XBMC jump system) and/or onscren keyboard for numbers (there you press four numbers that gets to the position in the video (press 0123 to get to 01 houer and 23 minutes in the video).
Hum.... No I like much more your previous idea Wink

SpiffBB Wrote:8. Would be great with a workaround for the picture problem (go to pictures - open a picture -> no way to exit without a remote)
You need to motivate some skilled C++ developpers before... jmarshall and/or CapnBry... You can write your deception in this thread

SpiffBB Wrote:Anyway, for anyone with a touchscreen - try this skin and you will find that most of the times it works perfect!
Thank you
Sorry for the delay.

LoloMc² Wrote:
Code:
Originally Posted by SpiffBB
As said it works great but I think there are room for some smal improvements. My number 1, 2 and 3 wish would be to make it work in library mode - both for music and video.
If I ever do it, do not espect it (from me) before a few months. I may have a try if I find some time to work on it.

Thanks. I will look at the code again but its higly inlikely that I have the skill to make it on my own. If i succed i will upload it, otherwise lets hope you find some time soon!

LoloMc² Wrote:
Code:
Originally Posted by SpiffBB
4. Fast forward in music - then playing a video you can skip to next/previous video and fast forward/rewind but in music there is just buttons for next/previous.
Could you do a print copy of your screen ? it works well on mine
Well, made screenshots but found out my online account for storing had expired.... Anyway, I was a bit wrong.
- Go to music and play a song -> in browser mode there is no buttons to fast forward/rewerse.
- Go to video and play a video -> press the screen and on the onscreen navigation you have fast forward/rewerse!
- Go to video and play a video -> press the screen to get the onscreen meny and press the button to go back to file mode with the video playin in background -> there is no buttons to fast forward/rewerse.
What I meant is that it would be nice to have the fast forward/rewerse on all top meny screens.

About:
Aspect ratio - agree it is not often needed.
Picture proble - lets hope for a developer
Smart jump - lets hope for a developer
Back button - you have a point, still think its a small "problem" and I dont have any working suggestion.

Regards
Oscar
SpiffBB Wrote:Thanks. I will look at the code again but its higly inlikely that I have the skill to make it on my own. If i succed i will upload it, otherwise lets hope you find some time soon!
I could do something but I'll be blind as I still did not find how to activate it ! (I am talking about library mode)

SpiffBB Wrote:- Go to music and play a song -> in browser mode there is no buttons to fast forward/rewerse.
- Go to video and play a video -> press the screen and on the onscreen navigation you have fast forward/rewerse!
- Go to video and play a video -> press the screen to get the onscreen meny and press the button to go back to file mode with the video playin in background -> there is no buttons to fast forward/rewerse.
What I meant is that it would be nice to have the fast forward/rewerse on all top meny screens.
Ok, now I know what you mean. This is not something I forgot. This is because on some screens, if I add those buttons, those buttons will overlaps some parts of the screen... As it is true this depends which resolution is set, it would be possible to add a checkbox in the "skin settings". I will think about it (consider it will be done in alpha4 BUT impossible for me to check. So YOU'll have to check it by yourself and TELL ME if it is ok or it should be modified)

SpiffBB Wrote:Picture proble - lets hope for a developer
Do NOT miss this oportunity to write in the other thread. Even if they will not work for sure on it, developpers NEED feedback from users to know what they are waiting for. This will influence them. If nobody request it, as they do not need it, they will not work on it.

SpiffBB Wrote:Smart jump - lets hope for a developer
A ticket describing your idea would be good Wink

SpiffBB Wrote:Back button - you have a point, still think its a small "problem" and I dont have any working suggestion.
The "parent" folder button would be interesting. The problem is quite similar to the other overlapsing problem that I just describe above.
But the main fact is that I disagree to add this button in a place which is not logical.
Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by SpiffBB
Thanks. I will look at the code again but its higly inlikely that I have the skill to make it on my own. If i succed i will upload it, otherwise lets hope you find some time soon!
I could do something but I'll be blind as I still did not find how to activate it ! (I am talking about library mode)
Oh, thats a so lousy excuse ;-)
For movies and series you first have to set what kind of content its in a folder:
For example you have folder and subfolder like this:
Movies
- Movie 1
- Movie 2
Series
- HouseMD
Then you set "movie" folder to movies and select witch scanner and "series" folder to series and select scanner (go to video, stand on the folder, press play on the remote and choose "set content"). Then scan the content (go to the folder in the video browser and press "play" and choose "scan new content"). Sometimes you have to check scan recursive to make the scanner to scan subfolders.
See also:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Content_...Library%29
Now you go to the video section and press "library"
See also:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library

For music its a simular procedure. See:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Music_Library
The strange think is that then you go to music the button to activate library it is gone!!! (You can se in the first screenshot of the link abouve how its supposed to look like). You stole it to make some more space on the left menu?

Quote:
- Go to music and play a song -> in browser mode there is no buttons to fast forward/rewerse.
Ok, now I know what you mean. This is not something I forgot. This is because on some screens, if I add those buttons, those buttons will overlaps some parts of the screen... As it is true this depends which resolution is set, it would be possible to add a checkbox in the "skin settings". I will think about it (consider it will be done in alpha4 BUT impossible for me to check. So YOU'll have to check it by yourself and TELL ME if it is ok or it should be modified)
I would love to test it and give feedback!

Picture proble - lets hope for a developer
Quote:Do NOT miss this oportunity to write in the other thread. Even if they will not work for sure on it, developpers NEED feedback from users to know what they are waiting for. This will influence them. If nobody request it, as they do not need it, they will not work on it.
Will do soon, just thinking of how to write it down.

Quote:
Smart jump - lets hope for a developer
A ticket describing your idea would be good
Se abouve

Quote:
Back button - you have a point, still think its a small "problem" and I dont have any working suggestion.
The "parent" folder button would be interesting. The problem is quite similar to the other overlapsing problem that I just describe above.
But the main fact is that I disagree to add this button in a place which is not logical.
Then in video or music mode the "back" button goes home - therefore I suggestied it would be more intuitive to name it "home". What do you think of this:
"Back" button on the left menu renames to "home" (and continues to act as it)
In top panel a new button with a arrow up or left that goes one level back (this button should be userconfigurable to show or not for thoose with small screens).
The reason is that the top panel contains play, pause etc and is all about what you are doing right now (for example playing music) and therefore a back-button to go one folder up fits quite good.

I think its a very good ide to have the option to use the skin on low res monitors (car-pc?!), that way more people will use and help develop the skin. But at least on my quite ordinary 1366x768 resolution there would be enough space on the top menu to put both fast forward/rewind and a back button.

Best regards
Oscar
moved to new thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57940
please see first post for an update
LoloMc² Wrote:please see first post for an update

Thanks for the update.

I have a 22" ELO Touchscreen I picked up.

Is this only designed for EEETop or any touchscreen display?

Thanks again !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Modifications of PM3.HD skin XML files for (EEETop) Touchscreen Displays (Mod)0