• 5(current)
Change is coming...
Quote:I should probably stress that the TV show bit might not even be used.

if that's the case, is there any chance of releasing an update using this as the placeholder rather than the standard list view we have now?
Q6600, ASUS P5W, 6GB DDR2 and 2.5TB RAID running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and XBMC
xbox v1.0 (softmod) XBMC Dash
i second that, this looks amazing
djh_ Wrote:Well, before everyone decides to chip in with their fine-tuning suggestions for something that's not even roughly tuned - oh wait, you've beaten me to it.
What did you expect. Laugh
Thought that was one of the reasons why you post early screenshots. I know I can go a little blind when dealing with my own designs. And to be fair, we didn't really have any idea how tuned they where.Wink
djh_ Wrote:To save you any more time, I should probably stress that the TV show bit might not even be used. I'd still rather have a separate style for that section, so take those screens with a pinch of salt. All that switching between fanarts and content types is a bit too much for this view.
Good to know, salt has been taken.
Movie view looks lovely. Nod
djh_ Wrote:What did you expect. Laugh
Thought that was one of the reasons why you post early screenshots. I know I can go a little blind when dealing with my own designs. And to be fair, we didn't really have any idea how tuned they where.Wink

Guilty as charged. Blush

The problem with using this list as a stopgap for TV is that it takes a lot more work to integrate than movies and music, simply because you have so many awkward transitions. I also didn't really have TV shows in mind when designing it, so I'm hesitant to hammer it into a shape that wasn't intended. I was just mucking about a bit when trying out those episode thumbnails.

There's actually quite a bit of work involved here, from finding a replacement to the old panel view to weaving this view in properly and ensuring that TV has its own substitute. So the good news is that when I upload this update, you'll probably have the TV stuff as well. That's also the bad news, though, because you might have to wait a bit.

Anyway, I've tweaked the textures and 'lighting' a bit. Obviously there are potential legibility issues with the subtle colours but they'll be addressed.

And for the fanart whores:

First of all, thanks for a great skin! Love the design of the new view but want to give my 2 cent on the TV-SHOW layout.

Id love to se a 3-level layout with:
1) TV-Shows
2) Season
3) Episodes

Despite my lack of skills in graphic design i'v tried to sketch up what I mean. I think this layout would look great with the design you have posted in this tread!

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

If this post brings nothing new to the table or conflicts with the Aeon vision, please feel free to delete post.

Btw, love this view for movies!
Duplex Wrote:If this post brings nothing new to the table or conflicts with the Aeon vision, please feel free to delete post.

Btw, love this view for movies!

Is there any reason you are putting advertisements in your post? No
omg, that are some awesome screenshots mate ! I like it a lot.
Sorry about that, just uploaded the pictures to Image-shack, didnt know it would have advertisements in them!
smcnally75 Wrote:Is there any reason you are putting advertisements in your post? No
I think that was imageshack doing that to him.
There you go! Smile
Simply amazing!
I love this concept. Great work djh.

Just wondering if a bit more contrast, both with the selected movie and in between Title and Movie Details, could be more readable or nicer. I find it a bit too subtle. Maybe inverting color (White on Black) with selected movie, for example, or making the font a bit distinct between Title and Movie info. Or playing with other colors. I don't know, just and idea.

On the same line, a bit more contrast would be ideal between cast and playing roles in Info Details Screen.

Just my 2 cents, but I want to insist, wonderful job, Duncan. You are really quick translating your paper&pencil mockups into life, beautifully.
djh_ Wrote:You didn't really look at the first post, did you.

uhhh i guess "onion skin" means configurable opacity for list background? Laugh
djh_ Wrote:That's not happening anymore. Really didn't work.

Really? Dang, I kind of liked the look of that TV mock up. Oh well, you know what works and what doesn't.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change is coming...0