XBMC FTP - problems connecting!
Thumbs Down 
first off, here's my xbox stats:

mod chip: dms x-b.i.t
flashed bios: xecuter2 v4981.67 (256k, modified blue xbox logo, large hdd support)
dashboard: unleashx v0.36.0620 build 499
dashboard skin: console ui blue (original)
hard drive: 200gb western digital caviar® se (8mb cache, 7200rpm)

when i'm in unleashx, people can ftp into my xbox with no problem. it's behind a netgear router, connected via cat-5. *however*, when i use xbmc and turn on the ftp server, people are not able to get a directory listing! i can get one from my local machines (which is behind the router), but no one outside of my network can get in. exiting xbmc and going back to the dashboard, people get in just fine.

i suspect it has something to do with pasv, but i've tried every option of changing the config file and nothing works. is this a known issue, or am i really missing something?

hans
the amazing cams!
http://www.theamazingcams.com
Sad 
are they using a ftp-client like ex. flashfxp?, or webrowser ex. internet explorer?, or mapping a drive?, to access xbmc's ftp-server.
if anything other then the first (ftp-client) is used then it's probebely because xbmc's ftp use colon (":") and backward slashes ("\")
note! when using both avalauch/evox and xbmc ftp-server on same xbox you need to refresh (f5) the directory listing after change.

ps! using the 'angry smilie' when asking for support/help is rude!, it directed thowards us. i think you meant to use the 'sad smilie'(?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
lol i'm angry i can't get it working, not at the xbmc people! don't take it thte wrong way, seriously. xmbc is the best software to happen to my xbox, period - and it's quality software. i'm not just sucking up here! :bowdown:

it's using ftp clients. afaik, we've tried cuteftp, ie, netscape, leechftp, and some others, all with the same results. pasv has been turned on and off. if needed, i can change the login/pw back to the defaults and post my ip so you can see. just let me know.
I'm having the same problem using XBMC FTP. If you find the answer post it here please. I will try using ":" and "\" instead of "/". I wonder why its less user friendly than the other dashboards...
You have to open up more ports when connecting via the internet. You have to forward more than port 21 or whatever port you are using. I solved the problem by putting the XBOX in the DMZ.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC FTP - problems connecting!0