Here's a quick mod to enable mouse support in Stark
As with my other mods, I'm far from an expert on skinning so this should be considered a dirty hack. It works though. Smile

Enabling the mouse is as simple as saving the following as Pointer.xml and dropping it in the 720p folder:
Code:
<!-- taken directly from pm3.hd -->
<window id="105">
    <defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
    </coordinates>
    <controls>
        <control type="image" id="1">
            <description>Pointer Image</description>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>32</width>
            <height>32</height>
            <texture>pointer-nofocus.png</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="image" id="2">
            <description>Pointer Focus Image</description>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>32</width>
            <height>32</height>
            <texture>pointer-focus.png</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="image" id="3">
            <description>Pointer Drag Image</description>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>32</width>
            <height>32</height>
            <texture>pointer-focus-drag.png</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="image" id="4">
            <description>Pointer Click Image</description>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>32</width>
            <height>32</height>
            <texture>pointer-focus-click.png</texture>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

And then saving these four images to the media folder:

OR download and unzip this to your Aeon Stark directory: http://upload.markism.net/files/MousePointer.zip

You also need to make sure mouse support is turned on in XBMC. Settings > Appearance > Look & Feel > Enable Mouse (at the very bottom)

The only area that I've found so far that the mouse doesn't control is the OSD when playing back movies. When you click on the menu buttons, nothing happens. I'm sure getting it to work would require some major changes to VideoOSD.xml and I don't know enough to jump into those. It doesn't really bother me though because the bluetooth mouse I use with my HTPC already has play/stop/ffd/rwd buttons on it.

Oh wow, this is great! Thanks for doing this.. I know mouse usage with Aeon is seriously frowned upon for some reason. I learned the hard way the other day. Blush I for one totally appreciate this mod! Nod
brilliant just what I was looking for!! thank you!
Thanks,

i will try this tonight. I can't believe that the developers of Aeon aren't able (or much more not willing) to enable the mouse in the Skin. It's just 4 small Grafix and a textfile for gods sake. In every situation i can think of, you are much faster with the mouse, then with a f****n' Remote Control...

And if someone didn't want to use it: JUST DISABLE IT IN THE SETTINGS. THEN IT IS GONE. COMPLETELY!
I doubt adding mouse support at all was the issue, as you said, it's one xml file and 4 images.

More likely, they don't want to bother officially supporting/testing all the screens of the skin with mouse use when it is only a minority of users using that control scheme.

Either way your free to mod the skin all you like.
Just started using Aeon skin and couldn't believe mouse is disabled. Thanks to this post. I am now able to use the mouse. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Here's a quick mod to enable mouse support in Stark0