Music Playback stops (pauses) constantly
I am using rev19873, problem has been persistent (for sure) since installing babylon beta 1, possibly earlier. Windows XP, single core, 500mb memory, 1.8/1.9ghz processor...

Like the title says, mp3's will just randomly pause themselves...which is quite annoying when you just want to listen to some music.

http://pastebin.com/m61dc982e

Relevant lines are highlighted. I thought maybe tweaking the cache stuff would help, but that doesn't seem to be there anymore...

Edit: Also, sorry bout the messy log. I finally decided to start scanning my TV library again, and didn't want to stop it for the billionth time. Wink
Bump...

Just about got to the point of digging out the Xbox and using that last night.
Please try disabling the upnp server and use the default skin.
500MB for WinXP and applications is a little less.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Please try disabling the upnp server and use the default skin.
500MB for WinXP and applications is a little less.

Will do when I get a chance later tonight. Dunno if it makes a difference, but I should point out that I am actually running TinyXP, and that with debug logging on, the avail system memory never drops below 200mb.
The problem still occurs, even with UPNP off, PM3 as the default skin, and every other network-server off.

I've officially reinstated my Xbox1...I think the HTPC is just not powerful enough. Running my skin on the Xbox versus the PC I have...the speed is actually better on the Xbox.
digitalhigh Wrote:The problem still occurs, even with UPNP off, PM3 as the default skin, and every other network-server off.

I've officially reinstated my Xbox1...I think the HTPC is just not powerful enough. Running my skin on the Xbox versus the PC I have...the speed is actually better on the Xbox.

have you tried the latest svn build? 200xx series?
Try a newer build as I had the same problem. There was an issue with mp3 playback (can't remember when it was fixed) and a buffering issue. Not in front of my xbmc pc to tell you what build i am running.

As phvrc2nt said, try a 200xx build as it was fixed a while back..
Thanks for that info. Will try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Playback stops (pauses) constantly0