Boot with noapic
Hello all, I'm trying to install XBMCLive on a previously linux box, and I remember getting this error when installing CentOS and I think also while installing Ubuntu. It says:

Code:
Kernel panic - not syncing: IO-APIC + timer dosen't work! Boot with apic=debug and send a report. Then try booting with the 'noapic' option

Is there a way in the installer for me to add flags such as noapic?

Thanks,
--FF
When the bootlogo comes up (when you can select the GPU you have) press 'e' IIRC on the GPU you have and you can change the boot options temporarily, press 'b' when you have edited it enough.

For a permanent solution pop in the USB drive in another computer and alter the boot/grub/menu.lst file. It has all the options available and I think you probably understand were to put the noapic.

Otherwise post the menu.lst on a pastebin and I'm sure someone can direct you.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks so much, currently just using ubuntu, i could get it to boot at the time and i was impatent Smile But totally, i'll go try that in a few weeks, when i feel like formatting the server again!

Also is there somewhere I could have found this? I thought I checked the wiki, but maybe I missed it...

Thanks,
--FF
Uhm, no not really. This is really grub info and we use grub Smile

However it might be good to add it. Not sure were it would go though.
Ideally we would like to keep XBMC Live as non-linuxy as possible, not that linux isn't great but scares some, so these stuff should "just work".

Best would probably be if you filed bugs at launchpad so it get fixed in ubuntu, if possible.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boot with noapic0