• 5(current)
[RELEASE] GameTrailers (Video) Plugin
Dan Dare Wrote:@coendeurloo
The list is as dull as the skin you are using :-) Pick a new one from http://www.xbmcsvn.com, I would recommend maybe Rapier or Ellipsis.

Change from a plugin into a script? Sorry, won't do that, but feel free to take parts of my code and start one yourself and customize the heck out of it :-)

I just hope you know how to change the view mode and you're not looking at the list mode with tiny icons :-)
http://code.google.com/p/dandar3-xbmc-ad...meTrailers

Thanks Dan, I thought I've seen a custom Gametrailer interface once, but it must have been a dream or maybe the GametrailersHD plugin.

I use Aeon65 so that should be fine. I'll configure the list some more so it has nice icons. Wink
Was only messing earlier, you don't seem like the usual junior user :-) If you find some nice icons for main categories please send them on and I'll include them in. Otherwise, I actually prefer plugins more, not only that is easier to code and maintain due to the framework, I've only coded a script a good while ago (Microsoft Channel 9 Videos script) and it was a pain; but I also prefer that you navigate through the entries pretty like you navigate your normal movie entries, for consistency. I let the skin do the rest.
is there a possibility to change the standard player from flash to quicktime in my settings-file? since recently, my xbmc won't save changes made to video plugin settings and this would be a good work-around since gt runs best on my xbox with quicktime. thx in advance :>
@VelvetKevorkian
Check your Q:\userdata\plugin_data\video\GameTrailers. If you have a settings.xml in there change the line below to set value to 1:

PHP Code:
<setting id="video_format" value="1" /> 

otherwise, create the XML file on your PC with Notepad and upload in that folder as settings.xml:

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<settings>
    <setting id="video_player" value="0" />
    <setting id="video_format" value="1" />
    <setting id="video_quality" value="0" />
</settings> 
it worked, now the standardplayer is set to quicktime and all the videos play again. thx! Smile
You're welcome. Sometimes it helps if you reset to defaults (Defaults button) in the pluggins settings and then change and press OK, or remove / rename settings.xml and then try again, but it could also be a new bug...

Thought I'd give something back.

Enjoy all Aeon users.

Thanks for a great plugin.
You're welcome, although I only did the 1%, the rest is all GameTrailers.com, you should thank them :-)

How would you use the background with Aeon skin?
I won't let a good thread die ! Big Grin

Still an awesome plugin.

Looking forward to HD flags, so I can tell what is what.
Thanks Smile I thought those would be displayed on the thumbnail, you're referring to the original HD flags on the GT icons right?!
Dan Dare Wrote:Thanks Smile I thought those would be displayed on the thumbnail, you're referring to the original HD flags on the GT icons right?!

Yeah, most of the clips appear twice, and it's hard to tell which one is the HD version.
if two links are visible, the lower one is hd and the upper one sd.
at least that way they are listed when i use the plugin on xbox.
VelvetKevorkian Wrote:if two links are visible, the lower one is hd and the upper one sd.
at least that way they are listed when i use the plugin on xbox.

So I have figured. But a HD flag or icon would be appreciated anyhow.
I think I see what you mean GT website is not showing anymore the HD overlay on thumbnails - http://www.gametrailers.com/game-previews (although a plain English explanation would've been nice in the first place :-)

Just made a change (v1.92) to show the XBMC HD overlay icon on those although (Previews and Reviews), although it's not a foolproof solution (it checks whether the page URL contains "-hd-", but not all HD ones do so...). Take the latest version with SVN Repo Installer and see how that suits you...
I can't get the Gametrailers plugin to work. Well, the podcasts work, but trying to watch any trailers, reviews, etc. yields a Script Error. I am using the xbmc 9.11 (Ubuntu) and the latest Gametrailers plugin from the SVN Repo Installer.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] GameTrailers (Video) Plugin0