Upgraded XBMCLive with SVN: no good
I did a clean install (XBMCLive to HDD) did the resize of FAT partition, resized the img etc. Everything went just fine.
Then I did an upgrade to the latest SVN version and now XBMC won't start anymore. I get a blackscreen with the mouse cursor (the big X) and then the screen goes black, then I get the mouse cursor again. It just loops..... Any pointers at where to start to solve this ? (btw: there's no xbmc log, so it seems xbmc doesn't start at all).
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
some system files had to be changed to accommodate new SVN requirements.
Either you wait some days for the new beta release of follow these instructions
l.capriotti Wrote:some system files had to be changed to accommodate new SVN requirements.
Either you wait some days for the new beta release of follow these instructions

Ok, thanks for the pointer. Read the thread. As I have Intel graphics I assume I can skip the nvidia/vdpau instructions ?
BTW: I have tried installing an older build (went back to 18000), when booting I do see the black XBMC splash screen for a second and then it exits and loops.
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
piotr Wrote:As I have Intel graphics I assume I can skip the nvidia/vdpau instructions ?
yes indeed.
I am pretty sure you still need the nvidia-180-libvdpau for this SVN PPA rev, as was posted on the ppa thread even if you do not have an Nvidia card.

Dave
but it is not required any more on non-nvidia platforms on current SVN.
l.capriotti Wrote:but it is not required any more on non-nvidia platforms on current SVN.

Thanks for the clarification Luigi.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded XBMCLive with SVN: no good0