Web Server Alternative?
I'm looking for a way to remotely control xbmc. For now just telling xbmc to update the library and to display notifications on screen. I know this can be done quite easily with the web server, However im using a 64bit machine so the web server dosn't work.

Is there another way? Anyone have any ideas? It seems like progress on the trac tickets regarding the webserver and 64bit have died.

Thanks.
You can use the eventserver.

Enable it in settings and use the action event.

xbmc svn/tools/EventClients/examples/python/example_action.py

run it with python before and you need to tweak the .py to contain the right IP and the right action. (Same as on the webserver)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks, this seems to be what ive been looking for. In my simple setup it dosnt really make sense to leave something constantly connected to the event server. However it seems if I don't, each time I try to send a notification I first get the "Event Server Connected...." notification.

Is there a way to disable/avoid getting this popup everytime?
don't send the helo every time
Wow, yea after looking that was a stupid question.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Server Alternative?0