Will this configuration work?
Hello,
I have a GA-MA78GM-S2H Mainboard in my HTPC with an AMD 4850e and 2GB RAM. Now I want to change to Linux. The Mainboard has a HD3200 integrated Graphic Card, but I want to have Hardware Decoding. So I would need a nVidia Card and think about a N9500GT-MD512Z/D2 512MB.
What do you think? Will that work?
short answer: yes, long answer: has been discussed in a zillion threads already.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just to be sure, I don't want waste money =)

I should be able then to view 1080/24p MKV Videos with Hardware Acceleration and without Sync Problems or anything like that?
if i tell you know you won't have problems, i will regret that later Smile

yes you will be able to view such files, and yes with hardware acceleration, but there are still some problems with it - it's even marked 'beta quality' from nvidia itself. please just don't expect it too work flawlessly. if it does: congrats, if it does not you have to deal with. i myself do suffer from some issues with vdpau at the moment - but i'm sure they will be fixed sooner or later.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
What makes you think the users of these forums care whether or not YOU waste money? It's YOUR job to do the appropriate research and make the right decisions for YOUR application. All of this hardware crap has been discussed to death.
lixe Wrote:Hello,
I have a GA-MA78GM-S2H Mainboard in my HTPC with an AMD 4850e and 2GB RAM. Now I want to change to Linux. The Mainboard has a HD3200 integrated Graphic Card, but I want to have Hardware Decoding. So I would need a nVidia Card and think about a N9500GT-MD512Z/D2 512MB.
What do you think? Will that work?

I have the same parts as you, and that works nice. Had some problems with the integrated ATI card, but I bought a 9400 GT last month. That works great.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Do you use SPDIF out? Because I've read that many people in the ubuntu forums have problems using the SPDIF for Dolby Digital and DTS?
lixe Wrote:Do you use SPDIF out? Because I've read that many people in the ubuntu forums have problems using the SPDIF for Dolby Digital and DTS?

I use the optical toslink. There is no coax as you know.

I have no problem at all. I have a NAD receiver, and I always get DTS and DD in XBMC.

/Söder
Hehe, I've got a Coax Out Wink You can order it for free! Then you have Optical and Coax - Out and In =)
lixe Wrote:Hehe, I've got a Coax Out Wink You can order it for free! Then you have Optical and Coax - Out and In =)

? What do you mean?
http://www.dustinhome.se/DisplayImage.as...eID=437930

/Söder
I don't know the english word (I'm german =)), but it looks like this one

http://www.multitasking-berlin.de/images...104070.jpg

There is also one for USB... You just have to write an eMail to Gigabyte, then they should ship you one for free Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will this configuration work?0