• 7(current)
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)
Hi all. In a desperate bid to get this going again I totally levelled my Mac. Brand new instal of OSX. I then installed XBMC, the helperfile was chmoded and put in the right place and the key map put in as well.

And sure enough it was flawless last night whilst using it. Infact the best I have known, probably because I got rid of plex and all the other experiments on the mac. It is just OSX and XBMC and thats it.

Today after bring the mac back from sleep, the harmony is firing *everything* up, presses are working XBMC but also pressing play in itunes and launching front row. XBMC Says standard remote always running.

Here is the paste bin. I am no expert but it does not mention anything about remote in there at all, am I pasting the right log (XBMC log in the logs folder)

http://pastebin.com/m395eee89
Here is another one of just general stuff in console

http://pastebin.com/m6d55509
garyi Wrote:Hi all. In a desperate bid to get this going again I totally levelled my Mac. Brand new instal of OSX. I then installed XBMC, the helperfile was chmoded and put in the right place and the key map put in as well.

And sure enough it was flawless last night whilst using it. Infact the best I have known, probably because I got rid of plex and all the other experiments on the mac. It is just OSX and XBMC and thats it.
ouch, but nice, only OSX and XBMC Smile

garyi Wrote:Today after bring the mac back from sleep, the harmony is firing *everything* up, presses are working XBMC but also pressing play in itunes and launching front row. XBMC Says standard remote always running.

Here is the paste bin. I am no expert but it does not mention anything about remote in there at all, am I pasting the right log (XBMC log in the logs folder)

http://pastebin.com/m395eee89

Thanks for this report! I haven't tried sending my mac to sleep and use the Harmony afterwards. Will look into it and report back.

Thanks again,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
If this is the likely cause I just won't put it to sleep!

Seriosuly though is there any info in there that is useful? The pastebin just looks like normal stuff to me. Is there anything I can dig up relating to OSX seeing the remote commands?

I was wondering if I disable the IR remote in system prefs would this turn it off or just stop OSX seeing it?

I can remove front row from core services as I never use it, but I have itunes running for macs around the house.
Um, one other muse. The only thing I have not done this time is actually use an apple remote. When I first got this mac I did try a remote on it. NOw I have levelled it I went straight to XBMC. Do you think it registers that as the remote it will look out for? Or if I bind my original apple remote to it do you think it might ignore the commands sent from harmony, thats got to be worth a go I reckon.
garyi Wrote:If this is the likely cause I just won't put it to sleep!

played a bit over the weekend with it and putting the mac to sleep is not the reason.
The password dialog is the problem, search for "Secure Event Input" here.
I'm not yet sure about the side effects of this, but haven't found problems with it either. I'll add this in the next days and also provide a new binary for Babylon.

garyi Wrote:[...]
I was wondering if I disable the IR remote in system prefs would this turn it off or just stop OSX seeing it?
[...]
Turning it off seems to disable the hardware.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
I really appreciate you developing this. My issues defo occurs once woken from sleep. The fix is to go into settings and turn off standard remote and turn it back on again. Then quit XBMC then relaunch, but not using the remote.

Reading what you mention above. I suppose this is the issue, but you will have to forgive me but I would not have a clue what to do with the code there. So I will wait for you Wink
New binary of XBMCHelper for the Babylon release is available, built from r20520 in babylon branch.
This should fix issues with XBMCHelper not capturing the AppleRemote exclusively after entering a password

cheers,
mdd

Thanks MaestroDD
Mmm, still have the same issue of last release.

After restart my os (Ive always on activated) the harmony don't launch xbmc.

If I start xbmc then quit, now harmony can launch xbmc
log from console is:

23/05/09 22:54:08 XBMCHelper[805] [ERROR] No executable set. Nothing to launch
Using XBMC b20585 and following the above instructions (including new XBMCHelper and Keymap.xml), the remote doesn't work at all. Killing XBMCHelper restores remote functionality back to basic "AppleTV".

Details:

- Console logs show the following for my test keystroke (Down Arrow):

Unknown button for cookiestring 15_14_12_7_23_
Unknown button for cookiestring 23_
Unknown button for cookiestring 15_14_12_7_

- Killing, then manually running XBMCHelper and trying the different modes gave the same result. (-u, -m, nothing at all)

- There was NO ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Keymap.xml present. Following the instructions above I downloaded and installed one though. Perhaps its not loading this file or trying to look elsewhere and that's why it doesn't have the above definitions?

Also, what's the "-x" flag do for XBMCHelper? There's no mention of it in the Usage statement however that's what's being run automatically when XBMC starts.
geebee75 Wrote:Using XBMC b20585 and following the above instructions (including new XBMCHelper and Keymap.xml), the remote doesn't work at all. Killing XBMCHelper restores remote functionality back to basic "AppleTV".

Sorry I didn't notice till now that so far this is only for running off a Mac and not AppleTV.

I'll go hide now..
DAddYE Wrote:log from console is:

23/05/09 22:54:08 XBMCHelper[805] [ERROR] No executable set. Nothing to launch

Please post output of
Code:
cat ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/XBMCHelper.conf
Before the initial launch of XBMC, when the helper fails to start XBMC. And same after initial (manual) launch.

Thanks,
mdd

Is it not possible to change the keymap file? Everytime I change a command, the button I change stops working. I know the new code is right.

Edit: What I am trying to do is to make a video stop when I hold the menu button.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)0