• 6(current)
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)
DAddYE Wrote:sorry but the keymap didn't work with the lastest stable version of babylon?
[...]

yep, you still have to use the one linked in this thread (which still needs improvement...)

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks, now same to be okey, some time open frontrow but generally works okey!

Good work!
Thanks for the tip of lowering the plex settings in the Logitech software.
The remote feels alot snappier now.

Quote:The reason why it doesn't get even faster seems to be the timeout
the Harmony uses to recognize hold-commands. IMHO this could be lowered...

cheers,
mdd

I agree on that one as well.

modplug
MaestroDD Wrote:yep, you still have to use the one linked in this thread (which still needs improvement...)

Hmm...do you mean the one in the first post or the one in one of your replies (or are they the same)? I can get XBMC to launch from the Menu button on the Apple remote but the menu button won't act as a right click (so you can't go back). I've tried both keymaps I mentioned and am running Babylon (the release).

philip
pmcd Wrote:Hmm...do you mean the one in the first post or the one in one of your replies (or are they the same)?

They're now versioned (in different subdirs), but the one linked in first post should always be the lateast. A way to check this yourself it to do 'md5 <FILE_TO_TEST>'. This will show if the files are different or not.

Quote:I can get XBMC to launch from the Menu button on the Apple remote but the menu button won't act as a right click (so you can't go back). I've tried both keymaps I mentioned and am running Babylon (the release).
philip

Are you using the new Helper with your AppleRemote or your Harmony? There's no way in this version of the helper to default it back to "Standard"/AppleRemote mode.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
MaestroDD Wrote:They're now versioned (in different subdirs), but the one linked in first post should always be the lateast. A way to check this yourself it to do 'md5 <FILE_TO_TEST>'. This will show if the files are different or not.

Are you using the new Helper with your AppleRemote or your Harmony? There's no way in this version of the helper to default it back to "Standard"/AppleRemote mode.

I am using it with my Apple remote. I don't have a Harmony unfortunately. The Helper that comes with Babylon won't start XBMC via Menu, so I was thrilled that this one did, but then the back press wouldn't work. Is this just a keymap issue or do I have to use the standard Helper which won't start XBMC?

philip
This was the one thing that kept me from changing from Plex to XBMC. Thanks so much! This is amazing!

/Rasmus
pmcd Wrote:I am using it with my Apple remote. I don't have a Harmony unfortunately. The Helper that comes with Babylon won't start XBMC via Menu, [...]

tried menu_hold?

pmcd Wrote:but then the back press wouldn't work. Is this just a keymap issue or do I have to use the standard Helper which won't start XBMC?

philip

keymap issue. Default for this beta version is to start in MultiRemote/Harmony mode, so you'll need to modify the Harmony-tagged parts in Keymap.xml

HTH,
mdd

Has anybody tried this with Remote Buddy? I installed the new XBMC Helper and the keymap, but all I get in XBMC is the basic Apple Remote controls, none of the other Plex mappings on my Harmony work, even when I disable Remote Buddy. It works great in Plex.
Any ETA on when we can see this killer feature on Apple TV, it works well on my Mac but I really need this on the appletv :>.

Cheers,
MDD, this went really belly up for me. And its done it twice now where inexplicably it will stop working properly or it will try and run front row, out of the blue whilst using it.

It was such a disaster this time I tried a brand new install of babylon, and I removed y entire XBMC folder and started again. But it still would not work. This is with a helper file that was just dandy a few moments before.

I am stuck now, I cannot get it to work regardless. Do you have the original one you posted up here, that was by far the most stable for me.
platte Wrote:Has anybody tried this with Remote Buddy? I installed the new XBMC Helper and the keymap, but all I get in XBMC is the basic Apple Remote controls, none of the other Plex mappings on my Harmony work, even when I disable Remote Buddy. It works great in Plex.

no RemoteBuddy here, sorry. I've seen few references in XBMC of it, but I'm not sure what/how it's done.
Does RemoteBuddy run while running XBMC?

Ilia Wrote:Any ETA on when we can see this killer feature on Apple TV, it works well on my Mac but I really need this on the appletv :>.

Cheers,

nope, sorry; it's on my list to merge ATV's (MultiFinder's) remote support with this version, but no ETA.

garyi Wrote:MDD, this went really belly up for me. And its done it twice now where inexplicably it will stop working properly or it will try and run front row, out of the blue whilst using it.

It was such a disaster this time I tried a brand new install of babylon, and I removed y entire XBMC folder and started again. But it still would not work. This is with a helper file that was just dandy a few moments before.

I am stuck now, I cannot get it to work regardless. Do you have the original one you posted up here, that was by far the most stable for me.

Sorry about the 'disaster' and given the other random rambling thread you posted, I'd say build it yourself Tongue
This is a beta version to work out the issues out, and I'll try to incorporate your very useful feedback in the next version.

MaestroDD Wrote:nope, sorry; it's on my list to merge ATV's (MultiFinder's) remote support with this version, but no ETA.

Thanks for letting me know, am def on your list of beta testers for atv:>, this is something I really need to make XBMC wife proof on my apple tv.

Thanks again
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] XBMCHelper (XBMC's IR-helper) new Beta version (with Logitech Harmony support)0