External HD - how do I access it?
Just installed XBMC under Mythbuntu 9.04 - looks very sharp! The issue I have, and it's a really stupid noob one, is that I can't find my external HD to add content from it. I go to videos thenn add source then browse but can't see it anywhere.

Shows up fine in Thunar (as LaCie).

Anyone able to help a poor dumb noob?Smile
do you run xbmc with --standalone or ontop of gnome or whatever windowmanager? have a look at your xbmc logfile first.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just installed it so it would be whatever the default is. I start it from the menu, not from the terminal.
so on top a window manager. afaik xbmc can only handle HAL devices when run with --standalone.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Haggy Wrote:so on top a window manager. afaik xbmc can only handle HAL devices when run with --standalone.

I went into terminal, typed xbmc --standalone (is that right?) but it's still the same. I can't see the Lacie anywhere.
Once again. Please read the sticky about submitting a proper bug report. It basically comes down to enabling debug logging and pasting THE WHOLE debug log into pastebin and showing the url here.
Haggy Wrote:Once again. Please read the sticky about submitting a proper bug report. It basically comes down to enabling debug logging and pasting THE WHOLE debug log into pastebin and showing the url here.

OK, now that I know it's a bug, and not user error, I'll submit a bug report.
Brasil Wrote:OK, now that I know it's a bug, and not user error, I'll submit a bug report.

How come?
Haggy Wrote:How come?

Sorry mate, I think we are talking at cross purposes.

Anyhow, I've solved it. I had to enter the path manually, which meant going into info on the shutdown menu to work out what the path is.

Now to figure out my HDMI sound problem... Surely can't be harder to fix than it was with Myth!

Thanks for your suggestions.
No actually i wanted to know why this is a bug? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External HD - how do I access it?0