Overscanning on Pannasonic Plasma
Hey Guys, strange issue here. When I set my resolution to 1280x720, (the native resolution of my panel) I get tons of overscan. I can correct this within XBMC, but then when I look at the effective resolution, I am at something like 1218x690, just an example. Any ideas? I checked to make sure all my tv settings were correct...
plasmas has overscan in general. up to 10%, 30 pixels is below 5 so i wouldn't worry
Thanks Spiff, just wanted to make sure I didn't have something setup wrong.
On my Samsung LCD for example i heve a scling setting which defaults to zoom to 16:9. When i turn off any size correction in the image settings i have perfect fitting screen. Just a thought...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
webfart Wrote:Hey Guys, strange issue here. When I set my resolution to 1280x720, (the native resolution of my panel) I get tons of overscan. I can correct this within XBMC, but then when I look at the effective resolution, I am at something like 1218x690, just an example. Any ideas? I checked to make sure all my tv settings were correct...

I have an PX80 and I can disable the overscan.

BTW, I had huge problems with UNDERscan with my ATI-card..

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
In your menu, where is the option to disable overscan?
webfart Wrote:In your menu, where is the option to disable overscan?

Menu/options/overscan =)

/Söder
You might wanna check this out:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea...st13560967

I had a similiar issue with ATI onboard VGA. Problem was that the card wouldn't output 1920x1080 but something like 1895x1060 e.g. Setting the exact panel resolution with aticonfig util fixed my underscan issues.

boba
boba23 Wrote:You might wanna check this out:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea...st13560967

I had a similiar issue with ATI onboard VGA. Problem was that the card wouldn't output 1920x1080 but something like 1895x1060 e.g. Setting the exact panel resolution with aticonfig util fixed my underscan issues.

boba

Yes, they fixed my problem with ATI underscan also at first, but in driver 9.x something that command no longer work.

I switch to Nvidia.

/Söder
Hmm, my tv doesn't have the MENU/OPTIONS/OVERSCAN, I may just be SOL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overscanning on Pannasonic Plasma0