• 2(current)
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex
I don't think I'll use this view as long as I will love to have the fanarts in sideshow

anyway, very nice work, good choices for the distribution, the global aspect is nicely balanced !
It's a totally separate view to Showcase that caters to different requirements, though it does try and satisfy those looking for more fanart and more info. So it caters to two extremes, really, which is why any requests to strike a middle ground will be ignored. There's plenty of room for pop-up metadata in both Showcase and List later on, but this is for people who want lots of info there while they browse.

The additional screens will be pulled from one of two places, both within the folder containing each individual movie. The twin images will be something like thumb1.png and thumb2.png, while the unlimited single thumbs will be from a subfolder called, say, "extrathumbs". I haven't even begun to think about whether it's feasible to cater to users who don't use foldered movies, so please don't pester me about further support.
It's really not that hard to move all your movies into folders, there are simple sh/batch scripts that can do it in one fell swoop. That's how I did mine, and i'm much happier because of it, so I say let people take the extra 30 minutes and put things in folders, and that's if you want to rename the folders and become monkish about your collection. These scripts will literally work in under 15 seconds for my 300 movie collection.

Just my two cents.

--FF
Well it's true
I must admit that the last picture with the fanart is not that bad
Just an idea I had, I think it woul d be cool if you had a mode similar to the old-style sliding info panel for Showcase. Where you can scroll through the movies using this "lite mode"...

djh_ Wrote:Light mode.

And then when you pause on a selected movie for a few seconds, the detailed menu from one of these other modes slides up, or fades in...

djh_ Wrote:Image

I don't know if that would interest anyone else, or how complex that would be to code?
I can't deny I've been thinking about it - the whole Lite/Full thing certainly suggests it. Coding wouldn't be an issue beyond the usual thing of the timings being a bit volatile (at least when muggins here does them). The bigger issue would be how to make it slide in without looking too rough as it moves behind the browser pane. It'll be easy enough, though, but I'll wait until it's all finished before dwelling too much on it.
Yeah i like the sliding up info panel as well. Much like showcase in Horizons works, pause on a movie and get all the info. Then you still get fanart until you decide to stop.
Here it is in realtime, complete with timed info popup. Extra thumbs are being found with no problems beyond the usual largeimage shenanigans.

Before:

After:

And in 1080p gadzooksovision:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/aeonsc..._10801.jpg

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/435063/aeonsc..._10802.jpg
Duncan - I think you've hit the perfect balance between fanart,info and usability. Absolutely stunning work. Nod
I'd just like to stress these are dummy files on this PC. I'm not quite so naughty as to 'own' the films pictured. Not the focused ones, anyway.
djh_ Wrote:I'd just like to stress these are dummy files on this PC. I'm not quite so naughty as to 'own' the films pictured. Not the focused ones, anyway.

Rofl
That is incredible djh, a perfect balance.

Going with the selected movie being on the right of screen and not central? Yeah and i did see the movie and assumed you must have actually been the owner of Fox as well.

I know its a work in progress, but opening the info screen on these will still open the full screen info? And just an idea to see what you think of putting the logo for the particular rating instead of the rating in words. This would then work for redtapemedia's international classifications as well.

Also just to check I'm not doing something wrong, when exiting some menu's I get a drawing of a green pasture with a house on it, part of the skin i assume. It only appears for about a second before the other menu loads, and is not one of my backdrops.
I notice you moved back to black with this view. Any plans on making things more consistent -- the newest TV view is a grey, then this is black. Certainly being nit-picky here, but I think little details like that go a long way. I'd go with black, personally, in the TV view.
Looks nice. I personally like full mode, and full mode config 3.
I can't say that tweaking the colour scheme is particularly high on my agenda at the moment, what with actually designing and coding the rest of the skin still to do. But I dare say I'll get round to it one day. Anyway, that's not black, it's just dark grey. Sure your monitor's calibrated?

Incidentally, it seems you can't pull the cast and role info from outside the info page, so that option's on hold.

Big thumb slideshows working:

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex0