Best skin for a CRT (55cm, 22")
Hi,

i'm wondering if there is good skin for a CRT.
I tried the three skin that came with XBMC but none of them look fine on my CRT.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Spiff1
Focus and Aeon Lite look very sexy on my 82cm PAL 16:9 TV (using a XBOX). But the image quality greatly depends on what platform/videocard/cables you're using.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
MediaStream

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xtv is the db's IMHO. Clean, simple and does everything you need it to, especially on a CRT. Looks best in White theme, best coverflow implementation as well.

Cheers
I would say Test them all yourself. Every person has there own opinion on what they like... I personally use Media stream on my XBOX. I have picked that because it is closes to what I want... but it is still not the perfect skin in my eyes. I liked many of hte other skins as well but the Showcase view of Mediastream suites me the best. BUT that is only what I use.

I suggest to any person asking this type of question to test them and form your own opinion. I personally don't really like the Fanart but there are MANY people here that love it. So once again... and yes I am a broken record. Try them and make your own choice.

Have a great time... XBMC is still the best out there if you ask me.

Smile
SoBBie
In my opinion XBMC lacks a skin that works well for small screens/large distances. Too bad my time is so limited, or I'd like to try modding a skin to better suit those needs.
The original PM3 works great on smaller 4x3 screens.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42154
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
karto Wrote:In my opinion XBMC lacks a skin that works well for small screens/large distances.

I do know this is an old topic, but maybe someone is helped with this.

I stumbled upon the skin Alaska Big and it's really great for SDTV's (and still looking cool!)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=512680&postcount=1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best skin for a CRT (55cm, 22")1