[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles (video) Plugin
Thanks Tuxie, you're welcome.

You might as well try it now, cause most of them are fixed, and report any problems you find. Unfortunatelly I can't fix OpenSubtitles being slow, but the other ones I'll try...
Thanks for the update. I'll try the new version tonight.
Hi

I've tried it for 2 days now in a row and was unable to download a subtitle.
Everytime no matter when I try, error is unable login, try again later....

Opensubtitles script (old/original one) still works though.
@abusharif
It worked for me in the last couple of days, although slow, can you try accessing the address http://www.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc from your PC and see if it's that respoding quickly or is it slow as well...
The plugin isn't working for me. I get a message that tells me to check my network configuration after selecting a video file.

http://www.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc takes about 20 sec to load from here and 1 out of 3 times I get a blank page.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
The 20 seconds to load that page is why it doesn't work unfortunatelly... the XML-RPC service is used by both the plugin and the script, i doub't that one will be quicker than the other, it just happens that at times the OpenSubtitles XML-RPC respons quicker and then it doesn't accept any connections.

What I might do is allow to specify a user-id, hopefully the performance issue only happens for anonymous loggins, I doubt it, but it's worth a try...
Have you tried sublight? Apart from the api, the application (Windows, .NET, runs in Wine on Linux) is really excellent! It includes context menu integration which is great!

If you'd choose to use that database many more people will use it. I'm not sure if 'linking' a sub to a video file (confirming it works with that file) is possible and maybe even uploading subtitles with the api, but that would help making it a full size alternative to OpenSubtitles. The developer of the pp and website is hoping for XBMC integration....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=sublight

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
@Bram77
Now what's on that thread is quite interesting, if they only posted the API reference on their main site. I see rwparris2 was already interested, I might have a look at this if not this week, maybe next week.
Dan Dare Wrote:@abusharif
It worked for me in the last couple of days, although slow, can you try accessing the address http://www.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc from your PC and see if it's that respoding quickly or is it slow as well...

Hi,

Well, it aint fast, took arround 7-8 seconds to open the url.
Since Opensubtitles script (the old one) is working and afaik (guessing) it uses same url, could it possible be some Timeout value that can be adjusted in the code?
@abusharif
Nope, I don't think so I haven't seen any timeout values in xmlrpclib, I'll look again.
Like I said it could be more of an impression, alternatively try one after each other a few times, say 5 and if out of 5 the plugin misses them all and the script succeeds all 5, then it's a problem solely with the plugin, otherwise I think the opensubtitles must be flooded with HTTP connects, I'll see if I can improve it...
Just managed to add a verbose clause to the xmlrpclib and I got this from OpenSubtitles.org, which is basically the reason why it's not working now, it might work later though...

"Sorry. We have problem with network connection to database server, try reload page.<!-- Not connected to database server db1 -->"
The plugin still works great for me. Thank you for your work. I do have another request tough Smile . It looks like all subtitles come with an nfo file. Would it be possible to just keep the subtitle files and get rid of any other files it downloaded? I'm not sure if this is easy to pull of tough.
@Sora
Glad it works for someone :-) Sure, sounds like a reasonable change.
if it was not about the opensubtitles server. Its really a nice plugins
well, thanks guys = mostly we should be thanking Leo, the author of the original script, and why not OpenSubtitles.org and XBMC Team Nod I only had to (copy /) write a few lines of code to put that together. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles (video) Plugin0