Hi all; Babylon Beta 1 w/nVidia booting to black?
I have reviewed the ATI/AMD thread and plan on trying to copy over my working xorg.conf -- which, incidentally, is from XBMC Atlantis -- but won't have time to do so tonight.

What is weird, and the reason for this post, is that I have an NVIDIA card!! This has always worked "out of the box" before. Somewhat disheartening...

I am most looking forward to being able to upgrade to future XBMC releases using Aptitude -- as copying my userdata, redoing the network settings, wake on lan, etc. is all a pain ever time a new version comes out.

I am excited about trying the Beta -- will post the results of my black screen troubles as I progress with it.

Anyone else with nVidia having this problem (I searched and did not see any mention of it)..?
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
Looks like a lot of us are having this issue with Babylon (myself included.) Look at the last post in the sticky thread at the top of this forum by runtime for a possible workaround. I haven't tried it yet.
Excellent -- happy to see I am not the only one!
I am also having the same problem.
Having the same problem, with Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU.
same problem here (intel) , previous live cd's worked perfectly.
i'm sorry to say this version is junk.. why release it without decent testing?
an updated/fixed .ISO woulf be great
blaize Wrote:same problem here (intel) , previous live cd's worked perfectly.

This is why they call it BETA. Big Grin
blaize Wrote:same problem here (intel) , previous live cd's worked perfectly.

No need to be harsh here. Clearly the devs tested this version on their respective systems and this did not happen to them, and is not happening to everyone with nVidia cards. Everyone on Team XBMC spends their valuable time developing a truly awesome piece of software for the world to use and I at least appreciate their generosity and am happy to help work out bugs. This is exactly why I did not overwrite my working version of XBMC when I decided to test this out.

Like cusquinho said, this is BETA software, dude. There's gonna be bugs!
Thumbs Up 
^^^ this.
eamiryar Wrote:^^^ this.

What does that mean? I am not up on Internet lingo.
jkrellner Wrote:What does that mean? I am not up on Internet lingo.
It means "What he said...."
^^^ This. ;-)

yeah it just means I agree with you 100%. Well stated.
blaize Wrote:same problem here (intel)

I'm having the same problem as well with my intel 82865g on a Dynex plasma 42" using the VGA cable. Sound works just fine.

I tried enabling UXA but it did nothing.

Edit: Also, this is BETA (RC1 means Release Candidate #1). And we're the beta testers, which means the XBMC team doesn't have to pay for a dept of QA testers so we can get this awesome product for free! If you're on the forums getting a beta release and its crashing switch back to the official build and wait for the full release.
grassmunk Wrote:I'm having the same problem as well with my intel 82865g on a Dynex plasma 42" using the VGA cable. Sound works just fine.

I tried enabling UXA but it did nothing.

Edit: Also, this is BETA (RC1 means Release Candidate #1). And we're the beta testers, which means the XBMC team doesn't have to pay for a dept of QA testers so we can get this awesome product for free! If you're on the forums getting a beta release and its crashing switch back to the official build and wait for the full release.

grassmunk,

Here is some reading material. I am on my way out, but will look into this more later and see if I can provide some help.

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/install.html

rgds,

Dave
don't know if someone said this or not, but I did a hard drive install with the RC1 and was having the same issue (Nvidia 8200 igp video)

I found the fix somewhere on the forum.

What I did was select XBMC (safe mode) by hitting escape at the boot options.

Then I logged in with xbmc/(password)

Then i ran the nvidia-xconfig as root:
Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig

once I rebooted all was well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hi all; Babylon Beta 1 w/nVidia booting to black?0