• 6(current)
TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos")
thanks to everyone who's contributed so far. they look amazing. i'm not great with photoshop but here's a few i put together.

Hyperdrive
Star Trek: Voyager
Q6600, ASUS P5W, 6GB DDR2 and 2.5TB RAID running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and XBMC
xbox v1.0 (softmod) XBMC Dash
dyt72 Wrote:There's some that i can't upload to thetvdb, it seems to upload but they didn't show Huh

I had this same issue. Its a file size thing. Take the quality down a notch or 2 when you save as jpg in photoshop (assuming you're using photoshop).

I think that the size limit is 500kb so get it below this and it should be fine.

And good work on the one for 24. Much better than my failed attempt Smile
I for one dont' think they need to be so large in resolution part of the reason i wanted to adopt this "not so wide" icon format was partially because art would be easily available for any TV Show, however popular it may be...

I would opt for a third of 1080P resolution making the thumb 640x320, as i don't foresee these being used for anything else, i.e. fanart and such.

just a thought!
Ayala Wrote:I for one dont' think they need to be so large in resolution part of the reason i wanted to adopt this "not so wide" icon format was partially because art would be easily available for any TV Show, however popular it may be...

I would opt for a third of 1080P resolution making the thumb 640x320, as i don't foresee these being used for anything else, i.e. fanart and such.

just a thought!

This would be fine if thetvdb added a new section for these images but without that they only way we can get them easily distributed is to upload them in the fanart section which requires 720p as a minimum.
I think in the end we all agree they should be smaller and separate from fanart, making these at 720p is overkill for the current use. Ideally a new "banner" size on thetvdb would work great.

But right now if we go that route (ie not fanart-sized) we have no way of hosting them beyond a bunch of links in this thread to a mix of upload services.

If we want to move away from fanart sized we should at least make sure they all end up in the same place, so when thetvdb adds support for this type we can easily move them all over.

Maybe a flickr group, or I could thrown down a small image sharing library on my web server? What do you guys think?
And if djh does something to the info page for the tv section and we get to see these in all their glory?
I wouldn't want small crappy images then. :p Besides the intitial download xbmc should be resizing these for its own cache so it shouldn't be an issue.
could use http://fanarts.fr/ to store.
Right, I've requested Multiple Thumb support for XBMC.

http://xbmc.org/ticket/6460
My vote is still as fanart on thetvdb as they are working on supporting it right now. And with scraper support in addition it would be perfect. Let us all stick to the way we started to make it consistent.

At least until someone on tvdb or xbmc end comes up with a real solution.
My point is they're not stored by XBMC as Fanart but Thumbs (hence the resizing) so adding support for more than one thumb (ie thumb, thumb1, thumb2) would allow skinners to use one for normal poster, another for 16x9 poster, plus any more they fancied.
As long there's a standard in place scrapers would look for 16x9 posters on TVdb and name them correspondingly for XBMC to store as thumb1 thus allowing skinners to use them for different views.
From thetvdb:

Quote:Post by szsori » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:29 am
I don't like the overlay idea. It would be too hard to get good quality from it. I'm not opposed to the separate section, though. If we did that, we could select a smaller size for the images as well. Something closer to the size of an episode image. Putting them in fanart for now will have to suffice, though.

Looks like we'll get an ideal solution eventually, for now it's fanart.
i wasn't suggesting that this solution be halted, merely voicing my opinion about what size they should be to see i stand alone or what not. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:My point is they're not stored by XBMC as Fanart but Thumbs (hence the resizing) so adding support for more than one thumb (ie thumb, thumb1, thumb2) would allow skinners to use one for normal poster, another for 16x9 poster, plus any more they fancied.
As long there's a standard in place scrapers would look for 16x9 posters on TVdb and name them correspondingly for XBMC to store as thumb1 thus allowing skinners to use them for different views.

Yeah that would be a nice solution Smile
[REQUEST] Mutliple Thumb support if anyone wants to post their opinions.
Ayala Wrote:i wasn't suggesting that this solution be halted, merely voicing my opinion about what size they should be to see i stand alone or what not. Wink

I've been making all of mine 640x320, so you're not alone. Laugh
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos")6