Question about 19690 for Xbox
The branches are like totally seperate directories on your system. This allows us to put new stuff in our normal branch, but in case we're afraid it might break something we don't put it in the release branch. It's also easier for us to backport small fixes/tweaks to a seperate branch of which we know it is stable.

For Linuxport there are ppl working on both the normal branch and the release-branch. In my case I'm (almost) only doing "release-stuff" until 9.04-final. So you can still do nightlies like you did before, you just have to build them from a seperate branch.

So trunk is just the normal (non-stable) Xbox branch that I normally work on.
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
So each "branch" has 2 sub branches. 1 RTM and 1 Beta/Alpha? The alpha branch gets the bleeding edge updates and the RTM branch only gets updates that pass regression testing from the alpha branch?

so it would break down like this?
Alpha = get's nightly fixes and patches, can and will bork often?
RTM = gets fixes that pass alpha stage. Updated less often but is more stable?

Should I be building both branches from each trunk? as on
OS X Alpha
OS X RTM
Linux Alpha
Linux RTM
Win32 Alpha
Win32 RTM
XBOX Alpha
XBOX RTM?

If so, I have no real problem doing this, and since Time Warner scraped that stupid tiered cap scheme it is not that big a deal for me.

And I take it all this time I have been building the Alpha branch is this correct?

I know I sound stupid but I'm trying to wrap my head around this.
Sort of but Beta/Alpha are only active during release periods. We don't branch for alpha but branch for beta.

linuxport is the main branch for osx/linux/windows

There are also branches for dev work that is too unstable to be in linuxport or for when linuxport is in feature freeze (during release periods). For example, osx-coreaudio, unified-pvr and smoothvideo. The idea here is if work needs to be done that might break platform builds in linuxport, you branch until the work is stable, then merge back into linuxport.
I've got nearly most of the requested changes made to the site. I still have work do to on the "previous" builds but once done it will allow people to download older builds directly from the Build Notes section. I'm having weird issues right now in that it injecting a couple spaces in the file name but I'll work on that later tonight. Plus I still need to write a file check so that if there is no file for that particular build note, then it will not show a link for download.

I've been making changes to allow Big Belly Billy with his "T3CH Upgrader" script to work with the site as well.

I honestly didn't think there was still this much of a demand on this thing Smile And I was worried that extra traffic might push me over my alotted bandwidth, but after checking the logs I've got plenty of bandwidth left which is good and now I have 2 "mirrors" each with a boat load of bandwidth I can play with if needed.

so all in all things are coming along rather well Smile

I may even scrap my no no page and allow direct downloads again, since I can easily handle 10 times the traffic I am getting now before I would even consider needing to use a mirror.

41 Gigs this month already though Shocked
Very nice work Smile Thanks!
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about 19690 for Xbox0