How do I edit a movie that got scanned to the library wrong?
I am having an issue with a couple movies I have ripped getting scanned wrong. How can a I go back and change the title of the movie in the library? I have change the title but the library does not use that info. I would prefer not to change the file names if possible.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
If you go in to the Info of that movie and hit Reload, you often get the chance to choose an alternative from a selection box or via the on-screen keyboard. Or have you tried that already?

Out of interest, if the current filename is yielding the wrong results... is it not worth changing it? I know you said you'd prefer not to but it seems a sensible enough solution.
Use an .nfo file for the movie and specify only the movie name. You can then also include the direct link to IMDB or TMDB inside the nfo to pull the rest of the data.

So if the problem movie is let's say Superbad, you'd make the nfo like this

Code:
<movie>
<title>Superbad</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829482/
Aenima99x Wrote:Use an .nfo file for the movie and specify only the movie name. You can then also include the direct link to IMDB or TMDB inside the nfo to pull the rest of the data.

So if the problem movie is let's say Superbad, you'd make the nfo like this

Code:
<movie>
<title>Superbad</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829482/

Bump. Aenima99x's solution is the best, its the only way I could stop a certain animated feature from showing up as "The Messenger" durrrrr Wink

I used some info scraping tool I found in the forums... to scrape and write NFO files for the majority of my mooovies.

Search for "Media Info Plus" in the forums.
awesome. I don't know why I did not consider making an nfo. thanks.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
I'm very new to all this, but am I right in thinking if I placed a .nfo file (such as the one suggested by Aenima99x) in the same directory as the movie files, then it will appear in the library?

Also, how would it cope for movies which are split into 2 files etc?

Sorry if this is pretty basic!
Please read this (thoroughly)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post233507
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks a lot!

I've tried to do many searches to find such a guide.

Will keep me occupied this weekend!
It's only THE sticky in the how-to section, but glad I could help.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So it is... Blush

I even thought I had looked in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I edit a movie that got scanned to the library wrong?0