• 8(current)
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository
Ctrl+Alt+F1 -F6 - to drop down to the command line
Ctrl+Alt+F7 - to get back
This is brilliant - though I wonder - why aren't there methods like this for getting all the other major skins?

I've been building my xbmc(live) on an acer revo running linux for a good month now learning as I go as I'd never used linux before. And it's tough - guides like these really really help.

Has anyone seen similar guides to do this to get other skins such as MesiaStream and Trancperancy! ?

Cheers
For those that don't find the "AEON" folders, mine appeared on :
c:\Users\bb_neo\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\Auriga\

I just copied after the "Auriga" folder to CTonguerograms Files/XBMC/skin and add the "fonts" t it.

It works fine but when I press the "S" key and go to assistant -> Vitals , I see that AEON VERSION is still STARK 0.9 and not AURIGA. I am sure that I branched to auriga...

Fo info I am using Win7 64
Um, what do you do when you get it from GIT and it just doesn't come with a skin.xml? I have an addon.xml...
Hi hth0923,

I haven't played with this in a very long time (I'm enjoying the new default skin), but I'll do my best to help you out. First, can you navigate to ~/.xbmc/skin and give me the output of ls? That will help me see what actually happened after you followed the instructions.
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
Appears I am having the same issue.

w7 64 bit.

I see the aeon folder with all my other skins. I have put the font in correctly. I have downloaded xbmc several times and deleted and started over. This time following directions to a T with the git thread.

I cannot see my folder when I open xbmc even as admin.

VERY knew to all this but not pc's. What the heck am i doing wrong? Any advice?

Thanks
rickatnight11 Wrote:Hi hth0923,

I haven't played with this in a very long time (I'm enjoying the new default skin), but I'll do my best to help you out. First, can you navigate to ~/.xbmc/skin and give me the output of ls? That will help me see what actually happened after you followed the instructions.

What is the output to which you refer?

I am not one to give up. I have installed via git just like instructed. I can see all my aeon folders. its under add ons. also tried it under just skins. Nothing makes it show up in my skin folder in XBMC appearanced. All other skins show up.

I am obviously doing something wrong but have no idea. Have deleted all xbmc and all aeon and started all over only to get the same thing AEON NOT SHOWING UP AS AN OPTION IN APPEARANCES.

I see this has been an issue with many several times however the only answer is see is usually "ok, I figured it out and its working". Well how did it get figured out?

Thanks!
Hi Guys,

Maybe an idea to implement? ;-)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79493
Joy In Repitition
Hey guys, I'm having some problems w/ updating Aeon...

Code:
Ognyan-Moores-MacBook-Pro:skin.aeon65 Ogi$ git pull --rebase origin master
refusing to pull with rebase: your working tree is not up-to-date
Ognyan-Moores-MacBook-Pro:skin.aeon65 Ogi$ git pull
Already up-to-date.
Ognyan-Moores-MacBook-Pro:skin.aeon65 Ogi$

I have no git skills what-so-ever, and in all honesty, I probably shouldn't even be using the CLI, but I've been going through the documentation, and can't seem to get my tree "up-to-date".

Suggestions?

(also I'm using OS X, not linux).

Ogi
I had been dorking around trying to get the font fixed for Aeon Auriga (from GIT w/ new fonts) that is displaying the date and time on the main menu. By default the font hangs over the container that is supposed to be holding it.

If you want to fix this issue, go into the .xbmc/skin/[Auriga Folder Name Here]/720p folder and edit Font.xml.

Find the line that says:
<font>
<name>Font_Time</name>
<filename>scout.ttf</filename>
<size>18</size>
</font>

And change it to:
<font>
<name>Font_Time</name>
<filename>aeon_rss.ttf</filename>
<size>16</size>
</font>

The Size setting is what mostly matters. To apply the changes, change fonts via the settings menu and then change it back to Aeon Standard.
I think I am the biggest Noobsauce McNoob. I can get the repo cloned no problem but I can't get it to display within XBMC as a selectable skin. What needs to be done to get the skin picked up as an option?

Win 7 x86 with XBMC 10 r35658

I placed it in c:\program files\xbmc\skin\Aeon Stark as the instructions say. I have also tried C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons where other skins place themselves during install through xbmc. I have only used xbmc for 2 days so I could very well be missing something.
I followed all instructions and all went well until I came to Git Pull
I sudo command and nothing happend execpt it says
Everything is up to date.
I copy fonts to right directory
When I tried to change skin it is not there and is located in root on the disk
What did í do wrong here.

I thougt I could maby copy directory to right place. But where...

Please help .. !!!

Im using UBUNTU 10.10

Zen
zenwork Wrote:I followed all instructions and all went well until I came to Git Pull
I sudo command and nothing happend execpt it says
Everything is up to date.
I copy fonts to right directory
When I tried to change skin it is not there and is located in root on the disk
What did í do wrong here.

I thougt I could maby copy directory to right place. But where...

Please help .. !!!

Im using UBUNTU 10.10

Zen

I have exactly the same problem... using Ubuntu 10.10 too...

Can anybody help Huh
Aeon Stark isn't compatible with dharma. Try one of the other Aeon flavors that have been updated.
-stoli-
Thanks!

I have tryed Aeon65 with these instruction

https://github.com/pix/aeon/wiki/linux-d...structions

Works perfect!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON] HOW-TO download/install/update/test Aeon from its Git repository2