Some Night Showcase Eye candy =)
boxterduke Wrote:Great work, and yes it is time consuming but worth it at the end.

I also go to http://getvideoartwork.com/ and then upload the good looking posters to http://www.themoviedb.org/

Some of the ones on tmdb are either bad quality or not in English or with no movie name or the promotional posters before the movie was out, etc...

I did a massive update to all the Pirates of he Caribbean and Batman posters.
As well as all the James Bond movies, I uploaded all the older James Bond poster designs that were on getvideoartwork

Thanks for doing your part in the overall scheme.
kryp2nite:

um how did you get your james bonds i order mate?
c411um Wrote:kryp2nite:

um how did you get your james bonds i order mate?

I took all 22 movies and added "James Bond" as a genre to all 22 nfos. In XBMC I'm then able to navigate to genre>james bond and list the 22 movies. I then sort by year so it shows them in order.
ah..

not quite the answer i was hoping for but thanks anyway mateBig Grin
What I do to order my james bond is edit the names ( can do this on hd or in xbmc ) as like so...

James Bond 01 - Dr No
James Bond 02 - ....
How the hell do you fit all those videos in your system? I got 3TB's but your HD collection baffles me.. Nod
I have 6 1TB Western Digital green drives. I have 2000 movies but actually only 200 are in either 720-1080p. The average size of one of my HD movies is 4.2-13Gbs. Vast majority are 720p and about 4.2-6 GBs
krypt2nite Wrote:I have 6 1TB Western Digital green drives. I have 2000 movies but actually only 200 are in either 720-1080p. The average size of one of my HD movies is 4.2-13Gbs. Vast majority are 720p and about 4.2-6 GBs

Do you have these in your HTPC or another dedicated machine or what?
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Do you have these in your HTPC or another dedicated machine or what?

I'm planning on building a dedicated server running UnRaid, but for the time being the hard drives are all in my main machine. Dual 22 inch monitors, quad, 4 gig, etc. I do all my work, testing, development on this machine. I like the ease of organizing my media on my main workbench but I don't think it will be harder to do it over Gigabit.

My main computer streams the data to my HTPC over Gigabit.

As my hard drives fill up I add additional Terabyte drives. I get the drive for 90$ from Newegg. They are always having promotions.
I add a 007 to the beginning and then the number of the movie.

So it will be
007-01 Dr.No
007-02 From Russia With Love

Etc.
Thats one sweet set-up man. I have 3 1tb Western Digital external drives (I think they're called mybook) and they've been working out well for me. I'm thinking about adding some internal drives (I'm only running 2 320gb segate drives).

I take it you like the Western Digital green drives? Are they by any chance very loud? (I like a quiet machine)
Still waiting for the price of the 2Tb drives to come down myself, they're only down 20$ from the original 300$ price months later.
Arkon11 Wrote:Thats one sweet set-up man. I have 3 1tb Western Digital external drives (I think they're called mybook) and they've been working out well for me. I'm thinking about adding some internal drives (I'm only running 2 320gb segate drives).

I take it you like the Western Digital green drives? Are they by any chance very loud? (I like a quiet machine)

No sir the drives are whisper quiet. They carry the green label for a reason. They are actually rated at 5400-7200rpm. For a pure data drive it is perfect. Can't go wrong with these drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...d%20higher
90$
I've just moved to using unRAID. Currently only using 3x1TB drives (2 data,1 parity) and it's streaming fine to my Mac Mini in the lounge. Good thing about unRAID is I can add new drives whenever I want with no fuss, and know that I've got some protection from drive failure.
sweet. I'll have to pick some up when I'm in need.

I actually just grabbed 2, 1tb Western Digital Mybook's over at Staples

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/S...&langId=-1

They only have usb 2.0 connections, but that's perfectly fine for my needs. It's when I know I'm going to be out of the house for a while. (my girlfriend has a media center pc, so I can just grab the hardrive, and run over there)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Night Showcase Eye candy =)0