[HELP] unable to customize
Question 
I have a problem with custom skin
here is the point:
I have two users, myself and the kids.
I want my kids not be able to quit XBMC or shutdown the pc.
so I created a custom skin (XBMC\skin\PM3.HD.Bimbi\720p) and modified DialogButtonMenu.xml

the problem is that even when they are logged on
the DialogButtonMenu.xml from the original skin is used not the one associated to the profile.

here is the log:
01:04:14 T:15116 M:2048147456 INFO: load skin fromConfusedpecial://xbmc/skin/PM3.HD.Bimbi
01:04:14 T:15116 M:2048147456 INFO: delete old skin...

01:04:18 T:15116 M:2045628416 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogButtonMenu.xml

while the other ones are
01:04:15 T:15116 M:2058088448 INFO: Loading skin file: special://xbmc/skin/PM3.HD.Bimbi/720p/custom_Credits_1112.xml

Am I doing something wrong? or is a bug?

Mf

I've tried to replace the modified xml with the original one but the log says anyway:
23:07:10 T:14144 M:1031016448 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogButtonMenu.xml
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
I am not sure about a bug, but I thought I could offer another option.

Do you have two seperate skins or just one with different profiles?

One option would be to remove the option to get into the shutdown menu completely. You could edit home.xml to remove the shutdown button or even still allow it, but alter the actions associated with that button
ekim232 Wrote:I am not sure about a bug, but I thought I could offer another option.

Do you have two seperate skins or just one with different profiles?

One option would be to remove the option to get into the shutdown menu completely. You could edit home.xml to remove the shutdown button or even still allow it, but alter the actions associated with that button

I have two different skins.

One is called: PM3.HD
the other one: PM3.HD.Bimbi

I've edited the skin.xml accordingly in PM3.HD.Bimbi
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
I have had some trouble with skin.xml myself as well as startup.xml

I created a different home page and named it custom10.xml and tried to make it part of the start up window selection in appearance settings, but it always goes back to the main home page instead of my custom, even though it show the name I gave it.

I am not sure if you can have two homepages. I created my 2nd one according to the wiki and gave it a new id number. Hopefully someone can shed more light on the subject.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HELP] unable to customize0