usage of mymovies collection info - How to Guide?
Question 
Hi,

I have seen that there are already a lot of posts regarding the usage of mymovies collections. However, I have not seen a solution, which seems to work. As far as I know, the developers of mymovies have worked on a compatiblity for XBMC. Until now, I have not found out how to do it. Huh

I have a huge DVD collection managed by mymovies. Whenever I add the drive where my DVD collection is stored to XBMC, it automatically begins to update the library information using the selected scrapper (I tested several scrappers, also IMDB). Unfortunatelly, it changes all my covers and descriptions and replaces it many times with wrong information, wrong movie recognition, wrong covers...

I don't want, that XBMC updates the library using one of the integrated scrappers, since all the information (the correct one) is already there in perfect quality (that's the purpose of mymovies collection management). The only way I found to disable auto update is to set the content information to "None", which also disables the Library mode and all the features with it. Sad

Has anyone gone through the same experience? Does anybody have a working mymovies collection integrated into XBMC using the library mode? Is there a working step by step "How to Guide"? Thanks for your help!

Bye the way: I tested with "Babylon" Alpha1 + Beta1
scan any folder with mymovies.xml in it, and it takes precedence over any scraping etc
No, unfortunately it does not work like this.

I add the drive where all my DVD's are stored to the XBMC library. As usual for mymovies, each DVD is in a separate subdirectory including the "mymovies.xml" file for each movie. I also tried using recursive scanning... I then select the content of the drive (movies) and also select a scrapper (for example IMDB) and XBMC immediatly starts to update the information using the selected scrapper.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
usage of mymovies collection info - How to Guide?0