Media Flagging Guide for Aeon
Hey all!
I just tried the mod for getting infos from the filename, very nice!

One question: Does one of all these automatic nfo creation tools support adding the informations to the filename instead of creating a nfo? Smile
Lucleonhart Wrote:Hey all!
I just tried the mod for getting infos from the filename, very nice!

One question: Does one of all these automatic nfo creation tools support adding the informations to the filename instead of creating a nfo? Smile

For the moment, the preferred option is to use NFO files (since this will most likely be XBMC's long term choice, and it's far more flexible). This is why most of the tools use the NFO file.
There are some other advantages too... a lot of the scrapers prefer a 'clean' file name, AND it's good to have an NFO file anyway, since this can help you 'rescan' and update your database far quicker if you ever need to rebuild (which most folks do quite often!).
well..one of the things I found both annoying and strange that noone had yet uploaded a modded mediaflag xml files is the inclusion of it to check for source flag in the <studio> tag.. i basically just added an | and then a studio check Smile so if you dont wanna have to rename all ure files thats a quick fix Big Grin
DJ_Elo Wrote:well..one of the things I found both annoying and strange that noone had yet uploaded a modded mediaflag xml files is the inclusion of it to check for source flag in the <studio> tag.. i basically just added an | and then a studio check Smile so if you dont wanna have to rename all ure files thats a quick fix Big Grin

I agree. Can you share yours?

Thanks!
Can I use the media Flagging to show that the DVD is offline?

As of today I have this structure:
/movie 1
movie1.avi (a video showing the Location of the video)
movie1.nfo

In the nfo I just put two info, the italian name and the imdb reference

<Movie>
<title>2 Cavalieri a Londra</title>
</movie>
http://imdb.com/title/tt0300471/

Can I use the flagging to show the offline files?
How can I do it?

Thanks,
Mfsav
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
My tags seem to be hit and miss. I have some but not all on all of my movies. How do the movie files need to be named? Like for instance I have The Bourne Ultimatum in its own folder named The Bourne Ultimatum. Now the flags that show up are universal, ?, 576, dolby. Whats weird is some flags show up in multiplex but show ? in list view. I've been reading these forums for days to get my flags working. I appreciate any help.
Ritzie Wrote:My tags seem to be hit and miss. I have some but not all on all of my movies. How do the movie files need to be named? Like for instance I have The Bourne Ultimatum in its own folder named The Bourne Ultimatum. Now the flags that show up are universal, ?, 576, dolby. Whats weird is some flags show up in multiplex but show ? in list view. I've been reading these forums for days to get my flags working. I appreciate any help.

I redid Auriga and now I see ? and the other two flags show in list view.
Ritzie Wrote:I redid Auriga and now I see ? and the other two flags show in list view.

I figured it out. Dang it was right on the first page. I read it so much it just didn't sink in.
hi

I installed the last version of xbmc for windows (XBMC 9.04.1) and Aeon Auriga.
I have problems with media flagging. My problem is that I can not set 2nd flag. I tried everything and all i got is like you see on the picture. Data in the nfo are like this
<studio>Castle Rock Entertainment / hddvd / 720p / DTS / 6ch </studio>

So can please somebody tell me what 2nd flag represent and how can I make it to show status. Thank you for all help.

knife2006 Wrote:hi

I installed the last version of xbmc for windows (XBMC 9.04.1) and Aeon Auriga.
I have problems with media flagging. My problem is that I can not set 2nd flag. I tried everything and all i got is like you see on the picture. Data in the nfo are like this
<studio>Castle Rock Entertainment / hddvd / 720p / DTS / 6ch </studio>

So can please somebody tell me what 2nd flag represent and how can I make it to show status. Thank you for all help.

I seem to be having this problem but with the Studio flag. My studio tag for Hotel for Dogs is this <DreamWorks SKG / 720p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / AC-3 / 6ch / eng / subeng > I get everything but the studio tag. All the other tags work. I've been working on this for weeks and still can't get it right.
What is the difference between 480p and 480i and SD if you are ignoring the codec?

AnalogKid Wrote:I've seen a few folks discussing Media Flags recently, so I thought I'd document what I know so far, and maybe it's of help to others:

Things you need to know:

1) AEON can show Media Flags for the Source, Resolution, Studio, Audio, Subtitles and Parental Rating portions of a Movie

2) The 'Source' of a movie CANNOT be determined from the video file itself, for this reason AEON will parse the FILENAME for a relevant string (see list below).
To my mind this could be improved by ALSO parsing the <Studio> tag in the NFO file (since a user could PUT the info in there)

3) The Resolution, Studio, Audio and Subtitle portions of a Movie are read from the <Studio> tag of the NFO file for a movie.
This is a kludge to overcome the limitation of tags in NFO files. I personally would have preferred the invention of new explicit tags, but that's just me

4) The recommended formatting of the <Studio> tag is:
<studio>studio name / resolution / video codec / audio format / number of channels / language / subtitle language1/ subtitle language2... </studio>
Here's a real world example
<studio>Lionsgate / SDp / WMV3 / WMA2 / 2ch / Sub /</studio>

5) AEON is not as smart as you'd think and actually pays NO heed to the recommended formatting!
The way AEON finds the Resolution, Studio and Audio portions on a movie is by simple String searching within the <Studio> tag. This is not even EXACT matching, it's substring matching, so whilst AEON looks for 'Fox', it will find 'Fox' in '20th Century Fox' and 'Twentieth Century Fox' etc.

6) AEON will deduce the Audio format of a movie by looking at BOTH the Audio Format and the Number Of Channels
This means that:
AC-3, 6ch = DD5.1
AC-3, 8ch = DD7.1
DTS, 6ch = DTS5.1
DTS, 8ch = DTS7.1
2ch = DOLBY (this is technically an incorrect assumption, but that's the way it works today)

7) Below is a list of the substrings that AEON is looking for. Remember they are SUBSTRINGS, so there's room for error.

[Source] (Remember, this CANNOT be deduced from the movie file, therefore it has to be explicity defined in the filename. If you're using Video_TS folders from DVD Rips, then I think you're screwed with the source tag (but the other tags should work fine))
bluray
sddvd
hddvd
hdtv

[Studio Name]
Fox
Universal
FilmFour or Channel Four
Disney or Pixar
Gaumont
Artists
New Line
Dimension
Touchstone
Hollywood
Carolco
Revolution
LucasFilm
Screen Gems
Warner
TriStar
Castle Rock
Studio Canal
Paramount
Dreamworks
Columbia
Mayer
Sony
Artisan
Lionsgate
Miramax

[Resolution]
SD
480i
480p
576i
576p
720i
720p
1080i
1080p

[Video Codec]
This isn't used by AEON

[Audio Format]
dts
ac-3
mp3
MPEG Audio

[Channels]
mono
2ch
5ch
7ch

[Language]
This isn't used by AEON

[Subtitle Language]
sub

8) There are a number of great folks who have extended the number of supported studios, and provided addition artwork (icons) for those studios. For the moment, these aren't part of the AEON release, but 'extensions' to it. They do not harm your existing AEON installation, they just add to it so that your slightly eccentric movie collection from strange studios are supported too!
If you find that you've got a movie from a studio that those guys haven't yet covered... you can can either ask them to add that new studio, or you could consider getting out a little more often.

9) To avoid having to manually edit your NFO files for hundreds of movies, there are some tools that can automate this for you.
Most of them work by reading your movie files to extract detailed codec information and figuring out the resolution and sound format etc, then inserting this information into your NFO file for the movie. Try this tool: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48138
Ritzie Wrote:I seem to be having this problem but with the Studio flag. My studio tag for Hotel for Dogs is this <DreamWorks SKG / 720p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / AC-3 / 6ch / eng / subeng > I get everything but the studio tag. All the other tags work. I've been working on this for weeks and still can't get it right.

As far as i can remeber DreamWorks SKG doesn't have an icon, if they are the same as DreamWorks rename to such.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
venealis Wrote:As far as i can remeber DreamWorks SKG doesn't have an icon, if they are the same as DreamWorks rename to such.

http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags/ has a logo for DreamWorks SKG.
krypt2nite Wrote:Well the only file you need to edit is Includes_MediaFlags.xml located in the 720p folder.

That post just made my day. Pretty awesome.
However, most of my movies are still compressed, and even when I compress them they are called something cryptic like tdk-1080.mkv, which wouldn't give XBMC any info on resolution and such.
However, the folder names contain at least all the info I need, like resolution and source. Is it possible to get XBMC to look for this info in the folder name instead of in the file name?

If that's not possible, can you have a .nfo file that only contains the studio tag? I tried that first, but I never got it working.
What I did then was to copy a whole .nfo from this thread, which seemed to have worked, but then the movie dissapeared from my library, and it won't return no matter how many times I rescan...
I try to get the flagging to work, but I have little succes.

I have a studio tag like this:
Movie A: <studio>Columbia Pictures Corporation / SDp / XVID / MPEG Audio / 2ch </studio>
Movie B: <studio>DreamWorks SKG / 1080p / WVC1 / WMA3 / 6ch / Sub</studio>

But inside XBMC (for both movies) I only have two icons (of four) that are filled.
On the left side: the studio icon and a ?. On the right side: SD and a ?

In the movie information a have "dolby 2.0" and "SD" icons... how do I get the other to icons to work?
The same applies for the other movie I tagged in the info file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flagging Guide for Aeon0