Installing plugins on XBMC for Windows?
Ok, I got it. Here is my log

http://pastebin.com/m402d939
Which installer package did you choose (version, sf or third party thread)?
The svn repo installer seems to be too old to work with the installed XBMC binary:
Code:
** Required XBMC Revision: r19001 **
** Found XBMC Revision: r20672 [Compatible] **

Either you delete it completely and reinstall XBMC from a recent package or update the installer manually which only works if you check out a recent version Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok, I have now uninstalled it and reinstalled it again but now I can´t find start the svn repo installer in favorites icon next to the shutdown icon and start the svn repo installer.
mmh, looks like the favorites xml wasn't packed to the new release.
Create the following file XBMC/System/favourites.xml and put the following content in it
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="SVN Repo Installer" thumb="plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer/default.tbn">ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer/)</favourite>
</favourites>
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:mmh, looks like the favorites xml wasn't packed to the new release.
Create the following file XBMC/System/favourites.xml and put the following content in it
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="SVN Repo Installer" thumb="plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer/default.tbn">ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer/)</favourite>
</favourites>

That does not seem to work as the SVN Repo Installer is not in the windows distribution any more?

OK just found this link

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911

its where you get the SVN Repo Installer from then follow the readme file
I assume it was just forgotten and will be part as of the next packages ofc.
The link contains an older version but it should be possible to update it afterwards via the installer.
WiSo Wrote:I assume it was just forgotten and will be part as of the next packages ofc.
The link contains an older version but it should be possible to update it afterwards via the installer.

Yes i updated the installer from the menu, that worked fine

I hope it get put back in the release as its was rather embarrasing to install the xbmc on a new PC and not be able to get any scripts to sow off the major features of XBMC
I'll repack the 9.04.1 release with the default plugins.
I have now downloaded
http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/pa...taller.zip

Unzipped it and put it in C:\Program\XBMC\plugins\programs

When I start XBMC and want to call on SVN from the favorites menu, nothing is happening. I only get a blank favorite window.

O good what it was difficult to make plugins work.
Quote:C:\Program\XBMC\plugins\programs

Not the correct location, that's why. It's gotta go in your user writable location (i.e. under Application Support).

Cheers,
Jonathan

I put it in C:\Documents and Settings\Administratör\Application Data\XBMC\plugins\programs

and now I get error script like before.

In that SVN repo installer there is a file named BUILD should I maybe use it before?

Sorry to for my problem but I´m new with it.
klauzer Wrote:I put it in C:\Documents and Settings\Administratör\Application Data\XBMC\plugins\programs

and now I get error script like before.

In that SVN repo installer there is a file named BUILD should I maybe use it before?

Sorry to for my problem but I´m new with it.

It's not just you. I've had the same issues. I don't find the manual all that helpful all the time. In the windows version, you don't have a "Programs" option. When I try to assign a source, there is no "Add Source" as the manual says there should be. When you search for the "application data" folder, even if hidden folders are displayed, you can't find it in the directory to get to the plugins or scripts subfolders in there.

Not sure where the problems are. Agreed there could be confusion with portable mode and default mode but that is all.
The program section is a leftover of the xbox days and on some skins you can enable it. To make it easier with program plugins I created a favourites.xml to launch the svn repo installer via the fav menu.
Deinstall your old build of xbmc including all desktop and start menu links and download the 9.04.1-repack2. Choose to store data in %appdata%\xbmc and install it. Then the scripts are installed to the right place and you can find the folder.
I have now reinstalled with repack2. And thats it, or should I don something more? When I run XBMC and goes to favorite I still get "Phyton scrip error".

I then use XBMCUpdate 0.7.6.0 to make sure I have newest Build. But I get same error.

I also tried to run AppleMovie Trailers, and I also get Phyton scrip error.

What more should I do?
WiSo Wrote:To make it easier with program plugins I created a favourites.xml to launch the svn repo installer via the fav menu.

Not sure how one does that.

WiSo Wrote:Choose to store data in %appdata%\xbmc and install it. Then the scripts are installed to the right place and you can find the folder.

Not sure what that means or where you even see that option. Upon install the choices are default and portable. So again, not sure how one does that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing plugins on XBMC for Windows?0