• 3(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
In the version 12 i have a problem for add movie folder. I click on the add button but when i select a folder and validate it, nothing appen.
I have copy the settings of the version 09 in order that work.

Other think, i'm interesting for dev a scrapper for your program to retrieve info from a french site http://www.allocine.fr. Tell me if it's possible. I think your program will be the <Ultimate> media manager if we can put plugin like scrapper, export ...

Thank.
A suggestion in the edit form.
I think you should download just the mid Poster/Fanart for increase loading speed, and download the original image when we select a Poster/Fanart.
Can't add movie source in new version.
I have the same issue as Neku with version 12 - bummer - I was looking forward to firing this up.
sumofatguy Wrote:now for some reason it doesn't load any of the directories when I 'add folders path'. No error dialog appears, but the errorlog shows this

I think I tried it twice, which is probably why the error is duplicated

I've been scratching my head over this error since you reported it.... then it dawned on me.... maybe we're misunderstanding each other here. lol Ok, so, when you get this error, you're obviously attempting to use one of the scrapers.... but do you have any movies in the list at the time? If no, then this new version should "fix" that by not allowing you to try to scrape if there are no movies in the list. lol If yo go to settings and change the movie sources, you'll need to hit "Rescan Media" to populate the list first.

If you DO have at least one movie in the list then it just doesn't make sense. I'll have to dig a little more to see wth could be causing it.

Danone-KiD Wrote:In the version 12 i have a problem for add movie folder. I click on the add button but when i select a folder and validate it, nothing appen.
I have copy the settings of the version 09 in order that work.

Neku Wrote:Can't add movie source in new version.

K-FleX Wrote:I have the same issue as Neku with version 12 - bummer - I was looking forward to firing this up.

Sorry about that guys, fixed in 013 (in the first post). That's what I get for trying to rush things.

Danone-KiD Wrote:Other think, i'm interesting for dev a scrapper for your program to retrieve info from a french site http://www.allocine.fr. Tell me if it's possible. I think your program will be the <Ultimate> media manager if we can put plugin like scrapper, export ...

Thank.

Yes, that's one of my goals with the scrapers.... to have "plugins". I actually had a system in the first couple builds, but it was getting too convoluted and decided to take it all out for now.

Danone-KiD Wrote:A suggestion in the edit form.
I think you should download just the mid Poster/Fanart for increase loading speed, and download the original image when we select a Poster/Fanart.

Good idea. The reason I did it the way I did was to allow the end user to pick whatever size he wanted. I guess a better way would be to download the mid (or thumb, in the case of IMPA) size, then when you click to select it, a menu pops up to allow you to select which size you want from available sizes. I'll add that to my To Do list. Thanks for the suggestion.
nul7 Wrote:I've been scratching my head over this error since you reported it.... then it dawned on me.... maybe we're misunderstanding each other here. lol Ok, so, when you get this error, you're obviously attempting to use one of the scrapers.... but do you have any movies in the list at the time? If no, then this new version should "fix" that by not allowing you to try to scrape if there are no movies in the list. lol If yo go to settings and change the movie sources, you'll need to hit "Rescan Media" to populate the list first.

If you DO have at least one movie in the list then it just doesn't make sense. I'll have to dig a little more to see wth could be causing it.

yep, works well now with 0.0.13 my bad Smile

Are you planning on adding support for creating movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg?
sumofatguy Wrote:yep, works well now with 0.0.13 my bad Smile

Are you planning on adding support for creating movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg?

I wasn't really planning on it. Why would you want to? Never made sense to me to have all these duplicate files.... just seems to be a lot of extra junk that's not necessary. But, then again, I only started using NFOs a couple weeks ago. lol
nul7 Wrote:I wasn't really planning on it. Why would you want to? Never made sense to me to have all these duplicate files.... just seems to be a lot of extra junk that's not necessary. But, then again, I only started using NFOs a couple weeks ago. lol

I'm not sure what you mean by duplicates. Do you think that people have both <movie>.nfo and movie.nfo? <movie>.nfo is for people who have all their movies in one folder and movie.nfo is for people who have separate folders for their movies.
nul7 Wrote:I wasn't really planning on it. Why would you want to? Never made sense to me to have all these duplicate files.... just seems to be a lot of extra junk that's not necessary. But, then again, I only started using NFOs a couple weeks ago. lol

I might be doing something wrong (as is usually the case...) but this is my file structure:

drive:\HD\american history x\
-->American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv
-->american history x.nfo
-->american history x.tbn
-->american history x-fanart.jpg

when this is added in xbmc, it rescrapes everything anyways, and the fanart and thumb that I have chosen are not used. I suspect this is because the movie file is not in the proper format (ie moviename.mkv), but I want to leave it as is for the tags such as bluray, dts etc...

when I rename them to movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg, xbmc reads them appropriately. i think moviename.ext is for movies all in one folder... I have them all in separate folders.
sumofatguy Wrote:I might be doing something wrong (as is usually the case...) but this is my file structure:

when this is added in xbmc, it rescrapes everything anyways, and the fanart and thumb that I have chosen are not used. I suspect this is because the movie file is not in the proper format (ie moviename.mkv), but I want to leave it as is for the tags such as bluray, dts etc...

when I rename them to movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg, xbmc reads them appropriately. i think moviename.ext is for movies all in one folder... I have them all in separate folders.

It would have to be the same as the movie file so it would need to be
American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264.nfo
American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264.tbn
American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-fanart.jpg
Reginald Wrote:It would have to be the same as the movie file so it would need to be
American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264.nfo
American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264.tbn
American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-fanart.jpg

Yes that's true if all the movies are in one folder. when they are in separate folders, they can be named movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg.
jalesm Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by duplicates. Do you think that people have both <movie>.nfo and movie.nfo? <movie>.nfo is for people who have all their movies in one folder and movie.nfo is for people who have separate folders for their movies.

I have all my movies in separate folders and <movie>.nfo works for me. Plus it makes searching a little easier. I'm not saying everyone has <movie>.nfo and movie.nfo but I'm sure there are lots of people out there that do because they just check all the options in MIP and go. I'm guilty of doing that very thing when I first started with NFOs because I didn't have a clue what exactly I needed. lol Which is why I added the Cleaner AP... to get rid of all the junk.

sumofatguy Wrote:I might be doing something wrong (as is usually the case...) but this is my file structure:

sumofatguy Wrote:Yes that's true if all the movies are in one folder. when they are in separate folders, they can be named movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg.

You can uncheck "Use Folder Name for Lookups" in the settings. This will (should! lol) make the program use <movie>.ext. However, the way I have things coded now (will change tomorrow) you'll need to spend some time with the custom filters before loading your movies. After messing around with your sample movie name, I found some short-comings in the custom name filter and made an update to 014 (in the first post).

Some suggestions for after you updated based on only the file name you provided:

((?i)720p) will remove 720P and 720p
((?i)bluray) will remove BLURAY, Bluray, bluray, etc
((?i)dts) will remove DTS, dts, Dts, etc
((?i)x264) will remove x264 and X264
(\.\d{4}\.) will remove any series of 4 numbers surrounded by periods (years in your case)
(\.)[->] ) will convert all periods to spaces

Make sure they're in that order or the periods will be removed before year filter is run... and since there are no more periods, it won't find anything. I suppose you could just ditch the periods all together with (\d{4}) but if you have 4 numbers in the title of the movie it will remove those too.

Either way, it's obvious there is a demand for movie.ext support so I'll add that to the To Do list as well. And this discussion had made me realize some better/easier ways of doing a couple things. I'll have a new version out tomorrow with some changes.
if you're removing tags like that, you should probably remove hddvd, hdtv, and 1080p
I like your style very much...

Clean interface, cleaning junk, not bloated with a bunch of features, etc... Just do what it is supposed to do without minimal user interaction and as simple as possible.

Congrats!

I haven't yet had the time to play with my library, but this might just be the app I'll use for my first time...
sumofatguy Wrote:if you're removing tags like that, you should probably remove hddvd, hdtv, and 1080p

Absolutely nothing is removed by the program unless you specify it in the custom filter in settings. I was just making suggestions on what to add to the custom filter for your particular file. Wink

Nazgulled Wrote:I like your style very much...

Clean interface, cleaning junk, not bloated with a bunch of features, etc... Just do what it is supposed to do without minimal user interaction and as simple as possible.

Congrats!

I haven't yet had the time to play with my library, but this might just be the app I'll use for my first time...

Thanks. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24