• 364(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Iam running "Revision 19" and i dont get it to work..
It dont scrape any info...
And when i try to use XML scrapers... i press "Populate Scrapers" and nothing happens...

what do i have to do to get this to work ...
If you entered through movies in the main menu then your already in library mode

Those grey sliders as you call them are there because you haven't added enough movies they are normally part of the covers

The 4 thumbnails you have to add yourself they don't get scraped they go in a folder called "extrathumbs" in the folder with the movie, the pictures are named thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg etc

If you don't like the artwork that XBMC scraper gets then you going to have to use an external scraper and choose your own artwork, one of your covers has a screen capture because no artwork was found you can add one manually in with the movie when this happens then from movie info screen press "i" on your keyboard and choose "get thumb" or reload/refresh , did it find the correct movie for that one if not you can press reload/refresh from movie info and select the correct movie

You should ask your questions in the Aeon section and it would help to know what version your using as they are all different or ask in the version thread

My advice is set up XBMC using Confluence then switch to a different skin as it makes it easy for anyone to help you and stops a lot of the confusion
I had the same issue with Ember not scraping any info anymore so removed ember and now I can't download it anymore, visits to the ember site say account suspended and even when I found the .exe from google code it wouldn't install quoting and XML error.

Has development ceased and ember been removed from the web?
excuse my stupidity but i have done a search on this thread and couldnt find a answer, is there a quick way to change the fanart, on Media Companion you can choose whats available from the database and just click download. The only way i can see off doing it with Ember is to rescrape the whole move and pick the poster then the fanart, seems a bit long winded to me unless im missing anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou

**nevermind the change scrape button is actually doing something nowSmile **
Zio-Excel Wrote:I had the same issue with Ember not scraping any info anymore so removed ember and now I can't download it anymore, visits to the ember site say account suspended and even when I found the .exe from google code it wouldn't install quoting and XML error.

Has development ceased and ember been removed from the web?

Sadly the development of original Ember seems to be kinda dead atm.
You can try any of these recent builds and see if it works for you:

Forum Link 1

Forum Link 2

HTH Mike
I have the exe and all the fixes that people have posted if you want them, drop me a line or something
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

craigdabbs Wrote:excuse my stupidity but i have done a search on this thread and couldnt find a answer, is there a quick way to change the fanart, on Media Companion you can choose whats available from the database and just click download. The only way i can see off doing it with Ember is to rescrape the whole move and pick the poster then the fanart, seems a bit long winded to me unless im missing anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou

**nevermind the change scrape button is actually doing something nowSmile **

If you download extra fanart: Click the movie, click edit movie, click extrathumbs tab, click picture you want and set as fanart.

If you do not download extra fanart, same process except click on fanart tab instead of extra thumbs and rescrape just the fanart. This is at least a little faster than rescraping everything.
MikeM Wrote:Sadly the development of original Ember seems to be kinda dead atm.
You can try any of these recent builds and see if it works for you:

Forum Link 1

This get all data for the movie, but not saves in hard disk, conclusion: "Not Work"...

MikeM Wrote:Forum Link 2

HTH Mike

This version not work, same as last original ember.
MikeM Wrote:Hi everybody,

long time reader, first post. ;-)
Just wanted to let you know that i managed to get it fixed and compiled.
After two days with the source i got it up and running on my machine.
I tried to manually put together a complete release from the latest svn.

It's 12 MB, but if there is someone who wants to give it a try, you can download it here:
EmberMediaManager2441

No fancy installer, just unrar and start it. Hopefully it will work for you as it does for me. ;-)

HTH Mike

Edit:
Forgot to mention that this is an x86 build. If someone has the demand i can try and release for x64.

For all the people out there with an existing installation there could be a shortcut.
Just try to replace the scraper.EmberCore.dll which can be downloaded here:
scraper.EmberCore x86
scraper.EmberCore x64

This get all data for the movie, but not saves in hard disk, conclusion: "Not Work"...
tuscani Wrote:Finally got some time to look into this. it looks like the developers made some major changes in the latest svn. i had to revert back to the latest stable version, which is 2385.

I have updated and added all of the source code and the most recently stable copy that i have. i have read through some of the work arounds and this should replace all of them.

EMM Revisited Download Link

i plan to work on the xbmc module since it never really worked the way that i wanted it too. if there are any programmers that would care to join in on maintaining this wonder program, please contact me.

ps. so that all of you know, i am not a programmer by any means. Laugh

This version not work, same as last original ember.
BigO Wrote:I have the exe and all the fixes that people have posted if you want them, drop me a line or something

Please,

Submit for all people's to download, I would like to test.

Thanks...
Thanks for the help buddy much appreciated, Im running Aeon Showmix dharma 2.6 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82899&page=4 with the XBMC dharma installer so i dont think thats the problem, I've got the thumbnails added thanks for that, but what about the Picture when you switch movies like the back drop? Not the dvd title as you can see in my screenshot above, the Picture that comes up once u hover over it, Sometimes it scrapes up small images so its blurry then some movies like alice in wonderland come out perfect, any way to change it ?
For organization purposes (and so people coming here in the future don't have to search 537 pages for the right links), I would suggest that whoever has a working repository start a suitably named new thread with the details on how to get to the working files. Post the link to that thread here so that others can follow the link and subscribe to the new thread, but at least that will allow people to always look at the first post of that new thread as opposed to paging through the information here.

The success of this suggestion assumes someone wants to take on responsibility for posting the files and updating the original thread, so if no one does, then we can just continue doing it like we have for the last 30 pages or so. Wink
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------
fabianosan Wrote:This get all data for the movie, but not saves in hard disk, conclusion: "Not Work"...

This is exactly the version i use to scrape data for my movies and tv shows.
The devs made a lot of changes since the last release version of Ember.
There are new settings for input/output modules in settings -->movies.
Did you enable and configure the xbmc modules for writing and loading ?
EmberMediaManager2441

Works for me. Windows 7 x64.
  • 364(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24