• 2(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Wow... my thread got hijacked. lol I wouldn't mind working on a multi-developer project, either. But I don't really think that would work so well in this case because it seems everyone who is making a media manager so far has VASTLY different ideas on a> what a media manager should do and b> coding standards. Not that the scope of the projects are at ALL similar, but the same suggestion could be made to the devs of XBMC, MP, Meedios, etc.... and you'd get the same answer. Not everyone wants the same thing.

Anyway, I updated the first post with 010a... should fix the error people have been getting (hopefully).
nul7 Wrote:a> what a media manager should do and b> coding standards. Not that the scope of the projects are at ALL similar, but the same suggestion could be made to the devs of XBMC, MP, Meedios, etc.... and you'd get the same answer. Not everyone wants the same thing.

That`s right, but it`s that not the spirit of Open Source ? At the moment most of the Media Manager Programmer work a lot of time alone. The probleme with the coding standard ok, but i think that`s not the big probleme. To A it think if the programm is really modular every programmer can integrate his own little ideas :-D

mafis90

edit: Let`s start a new Thread or not ?

@fekker Wine and better Mono support yes, because i`m Mac User :-D
nul7 Wrote:Anyway, I updated the first post with 010a... should fix the error people have been getting (hopefully).

I'm still getting an error :

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

I added a folder with 5 movies each in their own folders, without any nfo file
fekker Wrote:I'm willing, but only if it's .net 2 (i.e. not 3.5) and works in wine as well as in mono.
If I had a vote then Mono would be a must if it's going to be coded in dotnet so that it works on Linux, Mac, and Windows, cross-platform domination! Perhaps using a ASP.NET web interface based GUI so that it can be accessed from any web browser?

PS! Sorry for hijacking this thread, and yes please start a new topic thread for this discussion.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
BHeremans Wrote:I'm still getting an error :

*sigh* yeah, I realized it about 5 seconds after uploading 010. lol i'll have 011 up in about 10 mins or so.
Ok.... 3rd time's a charm (*fingers crossed*)... 011 is in the first post.
This looks great, good work! Still got error with 0.11 though.
It's working now and I like what I see so far, the interface is simple and nice looking. One problem so far, the program doesn't read movie.nfo files, but <movie>.nfo works fine. Fanart.jpg and movie.tbn works as well.
I'm getting the error as well... windows 7 x64
edit: Running in Vista Compatibility mode seems to work

Looks good tho, I like the lightweight look of it
It's crashing for me on scraping.

But hey, this is an excelent interface so far...
macardi Wrote:This looks great, good work! Still got error with 0.11 though.

sumofatguy Wrote:I'm getting the error as well... windows 7 x64
edit: Running in Vista Compatibility mode seems to work

Looks good tho, I like the lightweight look of it

Thanks for the feedback & compliments guys... but I need a little more info. lol What errors are you getting? The same string to double conversion error as before?? When is it giving you the error? What is your file/folder structure? Do you already have nfos in place? If so, would it be possible to post one of the troublesome ones so I can see what's happening?

jalesm Wrote:It's working now and I like what I see so far, the interface is simple and nice looking. One problem so far, the program doesn't read movie.nfo files, but <movie>.nfo works fine. Fanart.jpg and movie.tbn works as well.

Thanks. Yes, I mentioned that in the first post. I'll put some work into supporting "movie.nfo" reading. I prefer to work with <movie>.nfo/.jpg/.tbn/.etc just to keep everything clean, but I'll add support for "movie.nfo" if it already exists though.

olympia Wrote:It's crashing for me on scraping.

But hey, this is an excelent interface so far...

Thanks, and yes, I caught that one as well (if it's the same one... crashes after finishing either of the "Ask" scrapers, right?). I've already fixed that one.
I gave this a go. It looks like it takes the folder name as the movie title and then requires the files inside said folder to match the name. This doesn't work on a large number of my files. Such as the folder is called MovieA and inside the actual file is MovieA (2008).avi. However, it will collect the media file just not the nfo, fanart, etc.

Also, it might not like 's but that might be tied with the folder name.

Looks very promising though. Kudos on the interface.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks for the feedback & compliments guys... but I need a little more info. lol What errors are you getting? The same string to double conversion error as before?? When is it giving you the error? What is your file/folder structure? Do you already have nfos in place? If so, would it be possible to post one of the troublesome ones so I can see what's happening?

Haha sorry, should've posted more. Ok, so this is the full error I'm getting running without vista compatibility enabled using windows 7 x64 v0.0.11:

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index."

http://pastebin.com/mb4d2c9b for full log

I get the error when I initially run Auto-pilot (full), with no other movies loaded. my file structure is 'folder\moviename', in this case 'new folder\american history x\American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv' with no nfo's in place at all. hope this helps, if theres something i left out let me know
tyche Wrote:I gave this a go. It looks like it takes the folder name as the movie title and then requires the files inside said folder to match the name. This doesn't work on a large number of my files. Such as the folder is called MovieA and inside the actual file is MovieA (2008).avi. However, it will collect the media file just not the nfo, fanart, etc.

Also, it might not like 's but that might be tied with the folder name.

Looks very promising though. Kudos on the interface.

I'm not sure if it will work, but added an option of "Use folder names for lookups".... just uncheck that in settings, and reload the list. Just doing some quick testing with a couple fake files, it seems to work for me.

sumofatguy Wrote:Haha sorry, should've posted more. Ok, so this is the full error I'm getting running without vista compatibility enabled using windows 7 x64 v0.0.11:

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index."

http://pastebin.com/mb4d2c9b for full log

I get the error when I initially run Auto-pilot (full), with no other movies loaded. my file structure is 'folder\moviename', in this case 'new folder\american history x\American.History.X.1998.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv' with no nfo's in place at all. hope this helps, if theres something i left out let me know

I cannot replicate this error at all, so maybe it was fixed with the changes I made earlier... if not, I have an idea of what the problem is. Please let me know after trying 012 (posted in the first post). If you wouldn't mind, please enable error logging in the settings and if one is produces, copy/paste it's output here.
now for some reason it doesn't load any of the directories when I 'add folders path'. No error dialog appears, but the errorlog shows this
Quote:Title: Error
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
StackTrace: at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Ultimate_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwScraper_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/5/2009 11:35:30 PM
===========================================================================================
Title: Error
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
StackTrace: at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Ultimate_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwScraper_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/5/2009 11:36:01 PM
===========================================================================================

I think I tried it twice, which is probably why the error is duplicated
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24