• 4(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
nul7 Wrote:Absolutely nothing is removed by the program unless you specify it in the custom filter in settings. I was just making suggestions on what to add to the custom filter for your particular file. Wink

Right, just thought you were talking about internal filters Rolleyes

Looks good, can't wait to try the new version Smile

btw, is there any progress/talk on downloading thumbs only when displaying all the fanart/posters for manual selection, then downloading the full size when the user selects one? It might make loading them go a bit quicker
nul7 Wrote:I have all my movies in separate folders and <movie>.nfo works for me. Plus it makes searching a little easier. I'm not saying everyone has <movie>.nfo and movie.nfo but I'm sure there are lots of people out there that do because they just check all the options in MIP and go. I'm guilty of doing that very thing when I first started with NFOs because I didn't have a clue what exactly I needed. lol Which is why I added the Cleaner AP... to get rid of all the junk.

100% agree on that, there is no need a lot of junk in the movie folders. <movie>.nfo, <movie>.tbn and <movie>-fanart.jpg is enough.

The question is that do you handle the situation, when there is already a non-compliant <movie>.nfo in place?
sumofatguy Wrote:Right, just thought you were talking about internal filters Rolleyes

Looks good, can't wait to try the new version Smile

btw, is there any progress/talk on downloading thumbs only when displaying all the fanart/posters for manual selection, then downloading the full size when the user selects one? It might make loading them go a bit quicker

Yep, it was already suggested. Just need to work out how to add it to the interface.

olympia Wrote:100% agree on that, there is no need a lot of junk in the movie folders. <movie>.nfo, <movie>.tbn and <movie>-fanart.jpg is enough.

The question is that do you handle the situation, when there is already a non-compliant <movie>.nfo in place?

Hmmm... haven't put any thought into that. Any suggestions on handling non-compliant nfos? Perhaps an option to overwrite them? If user selects no then rename them to <name>-other.nfo?

Version 015 is up in the first post. Supports <movie>.ext or movie.ext. There were a lot of changes dispersed throughout the source code so I'm sure I probably missed something somewhere. Don't be surprised if something doesn't work right. lol

Just to clarify the changes:

First off "Use Folder Name for Lookups" was changed to "Use Folder Name for Title" to be more clear. File paths should not be affected by this option. If it's checked, Folder paths will use the folder name to fill the list. Else, it will use the file name. You'll probably have to add custom filters to make the list legible, and to make scraper results return useful information... they use whatever is in the list. If you need any help creating custom filters, just let me know.

If <movie>.ext is selected, then fanart, poster, and nfo will use the movie file name. Else, it will use movie.jpg, movie.tbn, movie.nfo. File paths should not be affected by this option either.... it always uses <movie>.ext, of course.
MC has an option to rename them the <movie>.info, I think it's a good approach.

I tried 015, but still no luck.
After rescan media it only shows 1 movie out of 15 in my test folder, while it is also stating: "Media count: 15".

And I still can't scrape on this one shown movie. I get to the part to choose the correct movie, then it shows the status "scraping", but then nothing happens.

Also, if I choose Television (You should really rename it to TV shows) and Music, still the movie sceen is shown. (I know they are not in yet, but until this version they showed empty screen, which is better then showing the movie screen).

I am really amazed of the interface, but still never saw the app working Smile
olympia Wrote:MC has an option to rename them the <movie>.info, I think it's a good approach.

I tried 015, but still no luck.
After rescan media it only shows 1 movie out of 15 in my test folder, while it is also stating: "Media count: 15".

And I still can't scrape on this one shown movie. I get to the part to choose the correct movie, then it shows the status "scraping", but then nothing happens.

Also, if I choose Television (You should really rename it to TV shows) and Music, still the movie sceen is shown. (I know they are not in yet, but until this version they showed empty screen, which is better then showing the movie screen).

I am really amazed of the interface, but still never saw the app working Smile

Hmmm... what is the structure of your movie folder? And how are you adding it?

EDIT: And do you have anything in your error log?
Usual:
- Test movies
- Movie folder 1
Movie1.avi
- Movie folder 2
Movie2.avi
- etc

I add -Test movies folder with "Add folder path".
I sent you the error log in PM. (there is nothing in it concerning movie detection).
Thank you, olympia, for the report. 016 is in the first post. Should fix that for you.
nul7 Wrote:Thank you, olympia, for the report. 016 is in the first post. Should fix that for you.

Yes, now I can see all the 15 movies again, but still unable to scrape anything.

I choosed Lord of the Rings from the list, clicked on rescrape and nothing happened, but all the buttons gets disabled (gray).

The log is:

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at Ultimate_Media_Manager.frmMain.fillScreenInfo()
Date/Time: 2009.05.07. 11:43:38
===========================================================================================
Message: Conversion from string "\\Movies\lor" to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
StackTrace:    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(Object Value)
   at Ultimate_Media_Manager.frmMain.dgvMediaList_CellClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 2009.05.07. 11:43:43
===========================================================================================
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at Ultimate_Media_Manager.frmMain.ScrapeData(ScrapeType sType, Boolean doSearch)
Date/Time: 2009.05.07. 11:43:47
What are it's dependencies? (like what version of the .Net Framework).

The program shows found media, fanart etc., but does nothing when I try to scrape (manually or automatic). Basically the same error olympia gets.

The log shows it can't load the system.core.dll (version 3.5). I suspect it is shipped with the framework 3.5, which isn't installed on my machine atm. If so, please mention the managers' dependencies in your startpost.
Thanks guys... 017 is in the first post. One was a stupid mistake when I added movie.ext support, the other 2 were just an unforeseen quirk.

Noted .NET 3.5 requirement in the first post.
make a mac version of this when you get a chance Tongue
Gamester17 Wrote:I only suggested it because it is one of the few that is open source, ...perhaps best would be for all these developers to get together and get everything down on paper as a concept theory then after that code everything from scratch, ...and of course try to make it as modular as possible so that several coders can work at it at the same time without as large of a risk to break others code.

Looks very promising, but couldn't agree more with Gamester17.
Would be very nice to have one bad-ass scraper application and get it multiplatform. I run linux only (dedicated xbmc linux box, but main pc also) and i think there would be many users like me and then there are a lot mac users too.

So my vote would go to 1 great multiplatform scaper application.

Other then that, keep up the good work!
Ayala Wrote:make a mac version of this when you get a chance Tongue

lol Maybe down the road....
GrinRoth Wrote:Looks very promising, but couldn't agree more with Gamester17.
Would be very nice to have one bad-ass scraper application and get it multiplatform. I run linux only (dedicated xbmc linux box, but main pc also) and i think there would be many users like me and then there are a lot mac users too.

So my vote would go to 1 great multiplatform scaper application.

Other then that, keep up the good work!

An official discussion has already started about that:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50388
Very nice program looks very good, and works very fast. Just one question, I see a lot of media scrapers but none of them downloads apple trailers, is it possible to download the apple trailer of the movie. Or is this not possible ?
Keep on the good work. Cool
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24