• 368(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
I've just tried to download ember mm from: embermm.com
it says the account has been suspended, where else can i download it from, i've tried media companion but it's just not as good.
cheers- james
webjames Wrote:I've just tried to download ember mm from: embermm.com
it says the account has been suspended, where else can i download it from, i've tried media companion but it's just not as good.
cheers- james

myrison Wrote:Look for the ember revisited thread. This thread is more or less dead and discussion has moved to the new thread. You can find the thread with a search or by going back a few posts and looking for the announcement to switch over.

James, this is a common newbie problem. The answer you are looking for is just a few posts away...
Anyone getting really low resolution posters i keep getting 185x273?

Anyone have the same problem?
adriank99 Wrote:Anyone getting really low resolution posters i keep getting 185x273?

Anyone have the same problem?

Yes, anyone using the original ember scraper. Have a look at the Ember Revisited thread and download both Ember Revisited and the Rogue scraper. Follow the instructions provided by Roguedazza, be sure to disable all other scrapers except Rogue's and you will have normal choice of posters again.
I'm still using the original version but today when I start ember its taking forever to start up normally I would have thought it had just become corrupt but I'm getting exactly the same on two separate machines
It phones home, but home doesn't exist any more. The fix is to use the revisited version.
Those attempting to run the original version of the program will experience long start up times and be limited to low resolution posters because that version is dead. There are no devs supporting it and the website has been shut down.

tuscani has created and is maintaining a continuation of the Ember project forked from the original source code. It can be found at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/emm-r/

That version also has it's own discussion/support thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90682
I just installed EMM-R tonight. Looking good.

Deleted original.

Keep up the good work.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
I'm still using the original version as well and it starts up fairly quickly. No slower than usual at least.

Did you disable "check for updates" in options->general?

>>X<<' Wrote:I'm still using the original version but today when I start ember its taking forever to start up normally I would have thought it had just become corrupt but I'm getting exactly the same on two separate machines
I use an application (Free Download Manager) to download from a website, and the creates all the folders with %20 instead of spaces.
I then Ember Media Manager should be able to recognise the %20 in the folder name but for some reason cant. I was hoping to input a RegEx into the application so it would read the %20's as spaces.
So when EMM tries to scrape the movie info it cannot find the correct movie and usually matches to some foreign movie
Any ideas?
I`m still using the original EMM. Everything works pretty smoothly but the scrape media button in the TV Shows Section is not selectable. I have to scrape every TV Show individually. Is that normal?
cd492 Wrote:I`m still using the original EMM. Everything works pretty smoothly but the scrape media button in the TV Shows Section is not selectable. I have to scrape every TV Show individually. Is that normal?

Yes, and it's the same in Revisited.
I'm still using the original EMM.

The only problem I've noticed over the last couple of weeks is that it won't download trailers anymore. Even when entering the URL, it shows a blank in the window where it asks what quality to download.

Anyone know why this is happening, or do you recommend I install the new EMM-r?

Thanks
My original EMM also doesn't download trailers anymore. I just installed a firefox plugin that lets me save youtube trailers.

If you check the thread for the newer EmberMM I saw some ppl there mentioning that trailer downloading wasn't working in it either.

hacku Wrote:I'm still using the original EMM.

The only problem I've noticed over the last couple of weeks is that it won't download trailers anymore. Even when entering the URL, it shows a blank in the window where it asks what quality to download.

Anyone know why this is happening, or do you recommend I install the new EMM-r?

Thanks
Hi there,

in this thread, we've announced a new Android app, that uses EMM® database files on your phone for offline browsing (that means: no connection to XBMC etc. necessary).

We're waiting for your feedback ;-)
  • 368(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24