Question on skins
How often are they updated?
Reason I ask, I noticed that my Win32/Linux/Xbox builds were not including PM3.HD in the archiving phase Sad so the files where nice and small. Nothing seem bad for the 100+ downloads a day I am getting [at least nobody complained]
But I felt it was proper to setup my builds to include PM3.HD which added 12-16 megs per archive. Not that major of a deal, but I was thinking if the skins really do not change often or at all, would it be fine if I just removed the skins from the archives after build and offer them as a seperate download, it would 1/2 the size of the inital download and then I could offer:
PM3.HD
MediaStream
Aeon
Serenity
as addon archives, that way the end user could add the skins he or she wanted.

Would this bork it for you Devs?

I'm just trying to figure out a way to both streamline it for the end user and make my bandwidth usage just a tad but smaller Smile

Ideas?
I'd only include PM3.HD on the non-xbox platforms. It's the default skin, after all. No need for the original PM3 there - you can offer that one separately.

PM3 is the default on xbox.

Other skins can be done separately.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

And they are not updated that often.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question on skins0