720P MKV Transcode UPNP
Geeba Wrote:Link? cant find where you mean? supplementary tools section?

Had another look this morning ..... last version the author released was in March. Huh

http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopi...f=2&t=3217

Quote:- Case insensitive files order
- *.txt subtitles files
- oma and aa3 atrack files playable on ps3
- Fixed slow a/v out of sync on xbox360
- Pseudo chapters interval support via #Transcoded folder
- better XBMC and FreeboxHD support
- Fixed http server stop
- Fixed bug in the transcode buffer handling (+10 minutes FLAC files / Radio)
- Tiny media library admin web interface
Hmmmm - well thats balls'd that up again!!! empty folders.... why didnt I leave it alone! If you have it working I wouldnt touch it - this software has no logic to it what so ever Sad

Even if you drill right down with the file browser PS3MS says there is nothing in the folder..... even thou it is full of files.
My Xbox only gets picked up as an unknown renderer - and yep empty files Angry.... it definately supports XBMC on my windows machine better and detects it as an XBMC device... but my windows machine can already decode HD so pretty pointless

Kicking myself for meddling with it - but interest levels are flagging now.......Huh
Well still tinkering - I updated a really old Xbox for my brother tonight and out of interest fired up PS3MS... to my supprise it saw it as an XBMC device with the logo on the server AND it saw every file! - updated to the latest T3CH build and it can no longer see the files.... something musta broken UPnP wise since May 08 - now... Huh

Geeesssss I was enjoying Dexer in 720p too!
The lastest beta version for me plays slowly (unplayable) than stable version. Whats about that? Thanks
guajolote Wrote:The lastest beta version for me plays slowly (unplayable) than stable version. Whats about that? Thanks

Yep tried again last night - your right... I'd recomend giving this version a swerve if your using Xbox....

Anyone a member of the PS3MS forum or spoken to the owner?
What's seems to be the system requirements for this? Would by any chance a socket a athlon xp 3200 overclocked be able to transcode 720p? maybe coreavc and tweaked settings will help?
Quote:Hmmmm - well thats balls'd that up again!!! empty folders.... why didnt I leave it alone! If you have it working I wouldnt touch it - this software has no logic to it what so ever

Even if you drill right down with the file browser PS3MS says there is nothing in the folder..... even thou it is full of files.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63996

Editing the UserAgentSearch=Platinum in the .conf of PS3MS - RendererDir
solved the EmptyFolders-Problem for me...
Is this the issue with empty folders that many people seem to be having: Huh

http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopi...f=7&t=1810
I've tried to set this up, and have learned a few things, but it still doesn't work. Huh

On Windows 64 bit, I was running as a user account, but installed PS3MS (UPnP server) as an admin. I couldn't get the UPnP server to appear on the network at all, even if, from the user account, it was started as admin. Everything looked fine in the log that it should be working (whether as admin or user). Anyhow, I decided to directly login as an administrator, and sure enough, when the server was started, it appeared on the network and the xbox could see it. Long story short, if your UPnP server doesn't appear on the network and not visible by your xbox, login as an admin and run from there. Eek

Now that I can see the server and the shares and files fine, when I attempt to play the MKVs (720p and they play fine on the PC directly), the xbox crashes and I have to restart. Sometimes I see the "Playing" dialog, but the progress bar is empty. If I attempt to play a non-HD xvid, it works fine, but when I look at the PS3 server, there is no buffering -- I guess because there is no transcoding at work. Just to ensure it wasn't just streaming the file directly, I stopped the server and the playback stopped too.

I've read that you have to use DVDPlayer (Play Using...) for this to work? If this is true, anyone know why? By the way, when I attempted to play the non-HD file using DVDPlayer, xbox crashed -- I had to use MPlayer to get it playing. That said, DVDPlayer works fine when just streaming files directly (without the PS3MediaServer).

I have also tried various transcoding settings, as well as other settings recommended by others -- still no go.

I'm running an xbox outputting as 1080i. The XBMC build is November 6th, 2009. Using PM3HD skin for now. Using build 366 of PS3MediaServer.

Any other ideas to try?

Thanks!
"I'm running an xbox outputting as 1080i."

Theres one major problem - Xbox cant run at that res especially with latest builds/skins - complete lack of memory and CPU grunt... try again at 720p.
Geeba Wrote:"I'm running an xbox outputting as 1080i."

Theres one major problem - Xbox cant run at that res especially with latest builds/skins - complete lack of memory and CPU grunt... try again at 720p.

Not sure I understand. I can play non-HD content upscaled to that resolution fine. And I believe since the transcoding of HD stuff is offloaded to a different PC, but just rendered by xbox, it should be fine. The problem was the CPU speed of the xbox, which shouldn't be a factor here anymore.

Huh
It still runs out of memory/grunt - 1080i is asking alot of it - I doubt a single Dev will recommend running Xbox at that res... 720p is generally clearer than an interlaced signal. the pannel your playing the movie on (if LCD/Plasma) is Progressive also.

Try a debug - but I bet the first thing Arnova will say is adjust to 720p.
Adjust to 720p :p. I can't think of a single reason why someone would like 1080i over 720p anyway...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Big Grin

I DO want to output at 720p, but my Panasonic plasma "needs" takes a 1080i signal, and then converts to 768p. There is a big difference in quality (negative) when I feed it a 720p signal directly. The 1080i output is very clean (at least on 1024x768 Panny plasmas). All the Panasonic plasmas I believe, take a 1080i/p signal and then convert if necessary, because whatever it's fed, will first be converted to 1080i/p.

I will try this transcoding to another xbox hooked up with a standard AV cable to an SD TV to see what happens. I'd be surprised if it's the 1080i signal that's problematic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720P MKV Transcode UPNP2