[main] TRACE 23:02:51.179 Loading configuration file: Samsung.conf
[main] DEBUG 23:02:51.183 Config: null
[main] TRACE 23:02:51.183 Loading configuration file: Streamium.conf
[main] DEBUG 23:02:51.185 Config: null
[main] TRACE 23:02:51.185 Loading configuration file: XBMC.conf
[main] DEBUG 23:02:51.187 Config: null
[main] TRACE 23:02:51.187 Loading configuration file: XBOX360.conf
[main] DEBUG 23:02:51.188 Config: null

Is the null supposed to be there after each .conf load?
Quote:Do you guys have this in your trace:

[main] TRACE 23:02:51.179 Loading configuration file: Samsung.conf
[main] DEBUG 23:02:51.183 Config: null
[main] TRACE 23:02:51.183 Loading configuration file: Streamium.conf
[main] DEBUG 23:02:51.185 Config: null
[main] TRACE 23:02:51.185 Loading configuration file: XBMC.conf
[main] DEBUG 23:02:51.187 Config: null
[main] TRACE 23:02:51.187 Loading configuration file: XBOX360.conf
[main] DEBUG 23:02:51.188 Config: null

Is the null supposed to be there after each .conf load?

Hi,
same here in my logs ... seems normal
Have you set MaxVideoBitrateMbps=30 in your .conf file ?
Transcode --> Avisynth/MEncoder!!(Only Method that works,see Otmanix 64Bit SetupHowto) --> Play using DVDPLAYER
MJSCH Wrote:Hi,
same here in my logs ... seems normal
Have you set MaxVideoBitrateMbps=30 in your .conf file ?
Transcode --> Avisynth/MEncoder!!(Only Method that works,see Otmanix 64Bit SetupHowto) --> Play using DVDPLAYER

Yup, I did make the 2 changes to the XBMC.conf file:
- "UserAgentSearch=Platinum" (or "UserAgentSearch=Neptune|Platinum")
- "MaxVideoBitrateMbps=30"

By the way, is "MaxVideoBitrateMbps" setting in the .conf file different than the value that's settable in PS3MS? And do the 2 values need to be the same?

Where am I setting [Transcode --> Avisynth/MEncoder]? Do you mean to move it to the top of the "Video Files Engines" list in PS3MS to replace MEncoder as the first position? (See: http://otmanix.de/english/2009/06/01/jav...-avisynth/)

You also mentioned this information in one of your other posts:
Win7DSFilterTweaker
Switch 32/64-bit decoder H.264 -->FFDSHOW

What needs to be changed in the Win7DSFilterTweaker utility, and where do I switch the decoder? I did read Otmanix's how-to, but I'm still not clear regarding these.

And a few more questions: Smile

- is build 366 of PS3MS still the best to use?
- which version of Sun's JRE?
- should "HTTP Engine V2" in PS3MS be disabled?
- seems like AVISynth 2.5.7 is better than 2.5.8?

Sorry for all the questions, but hopefully it'll help others too!

Thanks!
Good news and bad news! I've been able to get it "working", as in I can now see video and hear audio consistently. However, the playback is way out of sync -- the audio sounds fine for the most part, but the video is lacking. This is testing on the xbox with SD output (haven't tried my 1080i xbox yet).

What is odd is that while the video is playing, the "Transcoding buffer status" indicator is always empty -- it hasn't budged (nor have the bitrate values changed from 0%), as if transcoding isn't operating. Also, the CPU usage is 0%, so that indicates the PC isn't doing anything! Huh

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Quote:Where am I setting [Transcode --> Avisynth/MEncoder]?

When you browse the files & folders of PS3MS on your xbox there's a folder #transcode#

go to that folder and select the Avisynth/MEncoder transcode file...

Quote:- is build 366 of PS3MS still the best to use?

366 and 372 Build is ok 368/369Build Playback stops randomly

I'm using 372 at the moment...

Quote:You also mentioned this information in one of your other posts:
Win7DSFilterTweaker

MJSCH Wrote:Switch 32/64-bit decoder H.264 -->FFDSHOW

Do you think this is the part that might be affecting the actual transcoding operation (my last post)?

As in this screenshot here, I ensure H.264 is using FFDSHOW (instead of Windows or CoreAVC)?
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2158/...shot3l.png (This screenshot is from someone else -- I don't have CUDA)

I have an Asus M3A78-EM motherboard with an integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 chipset. Can any of the codecs use the hardware directly to help with the transcoding?

Thanks!
I did manage to get it working well this weekend! Nod I had disabled the "Show #transcode#" files and folders, and it was those that I needed to setup as the "root folder" for my source to get the transcoding working. Thanks to MJSCH for pointing that out!

Now to get it working with the xbox outputing 1080i ... Smile
I dont understand where people are getting the build 372 from?

The only builds I see are 1.10.51 and the beta 1.20.** etc?

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/...list?can=1

I've got a dual core CPU in my server now! Smile
MJSCH Wrote:Hi,

I can report that i'm running it in MEncoder only mode with the following setup:

XBMC sshcs build 29158, XBOX build is 29124 (sshcs build 29138 and 29126 should be the same XBOX builds, because there were no changes since then for the XBOX).

ps3mediaserver 1.20.409 BETA

XBMC player is mplayer with 8192 kb buffer size!

Playing mkv/ts 720p/1080p with AC3 5.1 without any problems! Resolution in XBMC is 720p, Audio is AC3 passthrough to my soundsystem.

1080p/1080i ps3mediaserver is resized to 720p resolution.

Geeba Wrote:I dont understand where people are getting the build 372 from?

The only builds I see are 1.10.51 and the beta 1.20.** etc?

I guess they mean 1.20.372 build, that is no longer online. 409 also runs fine here Tongue
I tried playing around with this today but ran into all sorts of problems. My best shot at it was playing back a 720p MKV file which seemed to play back in a watchable fashion, but CPU usage on the XBox was pretty high and the fan started to kick in louder. Meanwhile, my desktop PC's CPU usage was at least 60%. This seemed to require using the official ps3mediaserver release. The beta release would not play this video back smoothly.

But trying other MKV files of mine produced worse results (not watchable).

Is there a certain XBMC release for XBox that I should be running? I'm currently using the last stable T3CH release (June 2009).

I suspect that a large part of my problem may be that my desktop's CPU may not be powerful enough.
Scott R Wrote:I tried playing around with this today but ran into all sorts of problems. My best shot at it was playing back a 720p MKV file which seemed to play back in a watchable fashion, but CPU usage on the XBox was pretty high and the fan started to kick in louder. Meanwhile, my desktop PC's CPU usage was at least 60%. This seemed to require using the official ps3mediaserver release. The beta release would not play this video back smoothly.

But trying other MKV files of mine produced worse results (not watchable).

Is there a certain XBMC release for XBox that I should be running? I'm currently using the last stable T3CH release (June 2009).

I suspect that a large part of my problem may be that my desktop's CPU may not be powerful enough.

What kind of CPU do you have on the ps3mediaserver?

That the XBOX CPU Load is high while playing 720p movies is normal. Mine is runnig between 70-90% CPU load during playback.

As i wrote use the latest nightly build from sshcs.com, it works much better here.

What settings do you have done in the ps3ms?

Have you set this:
XBMC player is mplayer with 8192 kb buffer size!
I plan on giving this a go tonight.

Running 1.20.409 now, and I know I can see all the Upnp stuff just fine from my xbox, but I was using the stable version before which didn't seem to detect xbmc.

The only thing I'm confused about now is in the xbmc.conf file the StreamExtensions=mkv is set. Does that not mean it will bypass transcoding for mkv's I guess I can try putting mkv in the TranscodeExtensions= line.

I've set my General Settings for Transcoding to:
2 channel stereo,
384 Kbits/sec audio bitrate
14 Mbits/s Maximum bandwidth
/* Medium quality for HD Wifi Transcoding */

We'll see how this works out!
Redth Wrote:The only thing I'm confused about now is in the xbmc.conf file the StreamExtensions=mkv is set. Does that not mean it will bypass transcoding for mkv's I guess I can try putting mkv in the TranscodeExtensions= line.

This is correct, ps3mediaserver will bypass all general settings with the corresponding .conf file, when the setting is set there.

For XBMC this means bandwidth and as you pointed out correctly the TranscodeExtensions. Keep in mind that the XBMC config is not only for XBOX Wink

So the authors of ps3mediaserver had an powerful HTPC with XBMC in mind and not an old XBOX Wink

Redth Wrote:I've set my General Settings for Transcoding to:
2 channel stereo,
384 Kbits/sec audio bitrate
14 Mbits/s Maximum bandwidth
/* Medium quality for HD Wifi Transcoding */

As i said above the conf file will overwrite some general settings if set in the conf file. Maximum bandwidth is set there, so you can leave this out. I'm using 30 MBit/s as suggested here and works good. 14 MBit will limit the MPEG2 quality that much. Quality depends on your render machine, i'm using the highest quality, but depends mainly on CPU, you can try here higher quality Wink

Also i'm using a sound system so my config is set up for AC3/DTS 5.1.

Mine looks like this:
Code:
RendererName=XBMC Client
RendererIcon=xbmc.png
UserAgentSearch=Platinum
Video=true
Audio=false
Image=false
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=false
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=true
MuxLPCMToMpeg=true
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=30
MaxVideoWidth=1280
MaxVideoHeight=720
TranscodeAudioTo441kHz=false
TranscodeFastStart=false
TranscodeExtensions=mkv,hdmov,hdm,mp4,wmv,avi,mov
StreamExtensions=dts,ogg,mp3,ac3

My XBMC is set to 1080i for Videoplayback and runs smoothly! The ps3mediaservice only serves 720p MPEG2, set with the MaxVideoWidth/Height. Looks pretty good!

Have fun.
Awesome!

Bad Joker, your post helped clear up a few things for me, and gave me a baseline config file to test. I don't mind that the XBMC config file affects all xbmc clients since I really don't need to use ps3mediaserver for anything except to transcode some content to my old xbox v1. The rest I just do samba shares.

Anyways, I finally got it working! After using your config, It was working but the video was playing way too fast. So, I did some googling and it seems there's a bug with ffmpeg right now, so I needd to add a parameter to mencoder, as discussed here: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopi...f=6&t=3997

But, everything seems to be working wonderfully now, and I can finally watch some of the HD content in my other room. Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720P MKV Transcode UPNP2