Win Clash between advancedsettings, mysql, and "Movie Information"
Okay, so here goes.
When I go into my Videos->Files, I right click on a movie and go to "Movie Information" to use IMDB to get the poster and all the information for the movie. I work on this for a while and I want to then set up my mySQL database between two computers. Basically, I want to get all of the information setup on one computer and export that all to the HTPC that I have setup with no mouse or keyboard. So I get the database set up and I edit the "advancedsettings.xml" file and all of the sudden when I right click on the file "Movie Information" is no longer an option. When I press "i" on the keyboard nothing happens. I have it set up so the default action is "choose" when selecting a file. Instead, it plays the movie. Now, when I remove:

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.110</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.110</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>

from the advancedsettings.xml, it all works. This option, however, is going to cause problems with using one database. What is my issue? Please help!

2 other small issues:
1. Do I need to export my library everytime I add a new file? Or is that part of this sharing?
2. I used HeidiSQL and saw I have a database called "xbmc_video60" that is 1.5MB, that I did not create! What is with that?

Thanks in advance!
Your issue is you haven't set content on your sources. The metadata info is in the db, but the info as to which scraper is applied to which source is not. Set Content on the sources and it will be.

1. No, you don't need to export each time you add a new file.
2. XBMC creates a new database whenever the schema (layout) changes. You should NOT create any databases yourself - Eden does it all for you.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Soooo, i read this RIGHT as I was making a change, I am glad I went ahead and made the change. I changed from mapped network drives to the smb::// location. As I added the source I saw this time where it asks what type of content it is! Thank you SO much!
So then do I just take the <name>***</name> tags out or do I name it what XBMC creates?
You are free to take them out, sure.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clash between advancedsettings, mysql, and "Movie Information"0